Cloud DevOps Engineer
You and your new role:
As a DevOps Engineer you will design and build infrastructure and related components which will form the Nab Discovery Cloud (NDC) environment.
You will promote AWS and cloud best practices to maximise performance; design and develop 'infrastructure as code' and keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies relevant to core NDC and related projects and proactively promote new tools and methodologies.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Actively contribute to planning sessions across NDC
- Establish data ingestion framework
- Establish AWS infrastructure design patterns.
- Work on software and data engineering for bespoke projects.
- Gathering and provision feedback as well as highlighting growth opportunities
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues. About You:
You will be an experienced DevOps Engineer, ideally with exposure to working on Data Platforms. Experience with AWS web services, particularly with a focus on configuring a secure environment is essential and a focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of programming languages such as Python, R, Java, Scala and shell scripting are highly regarded.
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Infrastructure tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess and implement new technologies and processes
- An open mindset and proven ability to innovate and influence
Desirable skills and experience are:
Your new team:
- Data ingestion technologies and capturing meta-data and data lineage
- Exposure to Hadoop technologies e.g. Spark, PySpark, Kafka, Hive, Flume, Hue, Sqoop, etc
- Experience of Reporting and Analytics or working with analysts and data scientists
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits:
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
04 Nov 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time