Cloud Application Developer
Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Leading customer projects in refactoring and re:platform applications
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Agile software development and DevOps
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• IT implementation experience
• Experience working with customers face to face, driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Hands-on technical application architect
• Application Programming Experience
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, etc.) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
• Designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
• Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Familiarity with CloudFormation.
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
• Practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. EMPLOYEE BENEFITS We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
• Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
• Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!