Client Solutions Sales Specialist
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Working as a Client Solutions Sales Specialist will possess the experience and knowledge to support both theclosing of current quarter business opportunities as well as the development of new
opportunities, with a primary objective of driving base growth in our Elite, Premier and
emerging Elite and Premier clients.
You must be able to understand large, <$10m sales engagements in the industry and domain,
including the appropriate methods and skills needed to solve business problems in clients. You
will be responsible for Services sales, and will also be responsible to a territory reporting
to Sales Leader, focused on Signings and in quarter revenue. You will have a high energy level,
excellent communication skills and able to garner immediate respect and acceptance based on
experience, eminence in the relevant community, intelligence and interpersonal skills. What will I be doing day to day?
- Participate and assist in the cadence process through consistent compilation of relevant, accurate, timely and clearly presented information to contribute to business reviews.
- Improve business analytics, operational effectiveness and sales productivity through use of sales Dashboards with real time data (e.g. IBM Manager Forecasting, IBM Sales Dashboard, Atlas dashboards and reports).
- Coordinate with SMS team on communication and management of Pipeline issues and status including identification of any large movements and erroneous Atlas entries
- Highlight ongoing performance gaps, identify pervasive issues hindering growth, and options for short- and long- term remedial actions
- Guide and direct the SMS team to consolidate WSR Roadmap and Forecast updates
- Provide input to SMS and oversee development of Weekly Sales Dashboard and Daily Quarter Close
- Management and facilitation of the B&P Tool including Quarterly B&P allocations, including Qualified requests and
- ad hoc requests for B&P
- Work with Finance and Planning to ensure deals are booked correctly in the ledger
- Preparation of ad-hoc presentations
- Provide leadership to members of the SMS team by role modelling a high-performance culture and connecting
- them with our business priorities
- Leverage social tools to improve two-way communication, collaboration and sharing of best practices.
- Develop and maintain an accurate picture of Budget, Sales bookings roadmap and Actual. Develops reporting and analytics to evaluate and articulate health of sales business. Uses metrics and analytics to influence resource allocation decisions and investment propositions.
What skills, experience and charecteristics do I need to apply?
- Coordinates with GBS Global Sales & Marketing on industry, region, special programs, and offering led demand- generation campaigns.
- Partners with GBS Global Sales & Marketing and operations teams on continuous development of Atlas CRM and Manager Forecast applications and related IBM Sales tools. Develops advanced knowledge of Atlas CRM application, trains and coaches' sales team on efficient use and adoption.
- Ongoing development of Sales capability, including implementation of Learning and Knowledge programs.
- A hands-on Leader who will successfully assimilate into the corporate culture and become
involved as a member of the high-performing team.
• A professional whose credibility and expertise can gain immediate acceptance and respect
within the organization.
- A professional who has the interpersonal skills, consultative approach, services and
industry expertise to build the reputation and productivity of the team.
- A strong team maker who can develop teamwork.
- Comfort level in a results-oriented yet team-oriented collaborative environment.
- High performance expectations.
- You will be able to establish strong, trusted relationships with clients through your ability to
articulate solutions, which might involve other areas of IBM, identify new business
opportunities, creatively participate in the development and sales of solutions, and assist IBM
in winning the business.
- You will be accountable for the achievement of the targets for your
territory. You must have a deep sales and business development experience. Proven ability to create strategies and develop potential solutions to address the
issues and position the IBM value propositions with the client.
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic C-level relationships. Deep industry expertise and client
interaction and relationship building skills with ability to work both middle and executive
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise