Client Services Manager - Global Fund Services, Melbourne
Who we are
Our core principles of service, expertise and integrity have guided us from our start as a Chicago bank in 1889 to our position as a multi-faceted global financial services provider. Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.
Our focus on employee work/life balance, diversity, career mobility and unique opportunities are among the reasons we've been named one of America's Best Large Employers and recognized as an employer of choice around the world. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986. Summary
As part of the Australian Client Services team we seek a Client Services Manager to provide client advisory duties and ongoing client services to Global Fund Services clients. You will be responsible for tracking GFS service and delivery results based on client and consultant feedback. You will be comfortable working individually and as part of a wider team
This role will report to the Manager of Client Services, GFS Australia. What you will do
- Tracks service and delivery results against service level descriptions, monitoring service and delivery through client reviews, internal and external surveys, specific client feedback, and consultant feedback.
- Receives service requests from clients, investment managers and partners; executes daily client activity, oversees transaction processing, handles inquiry resolution, obtains appropriate documentation, and ensures systems information is up-to-date.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing service issues as and when they arise
- Maintains service and delivery issues log, drives accountability and closure of issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance to ensure the functional teams are adhering to the client(s) Service Level Agreement(s). Attend operational meetings both internally and externally with key clients
- Provides appropriate escalation of service & delivery and other relevant issues and opportunities to RMs, CSDMs, shared services and/or internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing the onboarding of new clients including oversight the opening of accounts, set up of systems and creation of service level description documents,
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- Ensures accurate set up and review of fees/invoices.
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other team members
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work other employees (but not a formal management role)
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions regarding service delivery matters.
- Assists client, partners, and staff with complex problem resolution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and ability to analyse large data sets
- Working knowledge of asset servicing systems including Fundmaster, Global Cash Movement and Passport
- Functional / Industry Knowledge in global custody and fund services is required, in particular the operation of Australian unlisted unit trusts, Registry and pricing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required / preferred Technical skills / systems knowledge is required / preferred
- A College or University degree in business or financial services, post graduate industry certification and/or 5+ years of relevant work experience is preferred.