Client Service Manager
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. Summary
As part of the Australian Client Services team we seek a Client Services Manager to provide client advisory duties and ongoing client services to Global Fund Services clients. You will be responsible for tracking GFS service and delivery results based on client and consultant feedback. You will be comfortable working individually and as part of a wider team
This role will report to the Head of Client Services, GFS Australia. What you will do
- Tracks service and delivery results against service level descriptions, monitoring service and delivery through client reviews, internal and external surveys, specific client feedback, and consultant feedback.
- Receives service requests from clients, investment managers and partners; executes daily client activity, oversees transaction processing, handles inquiry resolution, obtains appropriate documentation, and ensures systems information is up-to-date.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing service issues as and when they arise
- Maintains service and delivery issues log, drives accountability and closure of issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance to ensure the functional teams are adhering to the client(s) Service Level Agreement(s). Attend operational meetings both internally and externally with key clients
- Provides appropriate escalation of service & delivery and other relevant issues and opportunities to RMs, CSDMs, shared services and/or internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing the onboarding of new clients including oversight the opening of accounts, set up of systems and creation of service level description documents,
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- Ensures accurate set up and review of fees/invoices.
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other team members
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work other employees (but not a formal management role)
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions regarding service delivery matters.
- Assists client, partners, and staff with complex problem resolution
As of June 30 2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and ability to analyse large data sets
- Working knowledge of asset servicing systems including Fundmaster, Global Cash Movement and Passport
- Functional / Industry Knowledge in global custody and fund services is required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required / preferred Technical skills / systems knowledge is required / preferred
- A College or University degree in business or financial services, post graduate industry certification and/or 5+ years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- $11.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.5 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $127 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!