We are looking for a Chief Risk Officer to join our team in Australia. Reporting directly to the CEO of Revolut Australia and Head of Risk of Revolut Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all risk management activities and be a member of the Management Board. We are looking for a hands-on colleague who, while maintaining a helicopter view, would also be happy to spend time on the ground performing analysis of a counter-parties and issuers, validating credit scorecards, helping with portfolio stress-testing, forecasting capital ratios etc.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Leadership Team provides Revolut with the vision, the drive, and the direction to continue its rapid growth and development into a major international finance business.
From risk, to finance, to people, the leadership team is our C-suite level grouping that sets the tone and agenda for all areas of the business and is comprised of some of the brightest and most successful people in the business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- In collaboration with the Group Risk Management function, you will be responsible for the development of the local risk management strategy and risk appetite
- Active monitoring of key risk indicators against prescribed limits
- Approving counter-parties and vendors
- Validating models used by risk owners
- Preparation of risk reports for the regulator and management information
- Localisation of group risk policies and advising the Board on the company’s risk profile and the suitability of the risk management framework
- Extension of the above listed functions to New Zealand in the near future
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- The successful candidate will possess the following
- Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to financial activities in Australia
- Technical background with a strong, independent mind-set ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Proven expertise in the retail credit risk domain, experience with setting up and managing respective first or second line of defence function