See job description for details
- Are you an engineer with great ideas and want to test them? Engineering at ANZ is the place to be
- Our Engineers work on problems that matter most to our customers. Is this you?
- We’re changing our organization to become more of a tech company About The Role
Location: 839 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
The mission of the Risk Technology Domain
is to provide cutting-edge risk management services across all divisions – Australia Retail and Commercial, Institutional and Group Risk Divisions, and to leverage data and business-focused solutions to deliver a better experience for both bankers and customers.
Within the Retail & Commercial Risk Infrastructure Tech Area (part of Risk Technology) we deliver credit risk services, collections services
that provide a centralised data processing engine to collect and analyse customer transactions, that facilitates decisioning across the credit life cycle.
As an Engineer Chapter Lead
, you will bring extensive domain knowledge or deep expertise on a collections and hardship related technical and functional expertise
develop this expertise and T-shaped capability in your chapter members. A natural leader
, you will be responsible for building world-class capability for the engineering chapter, developing squad members in the chapter, improving the way we work at ANZ and, as a squad member, contributing to the delivery of the squad’s mission.
You will also be expected to groom and mentor chapter members and build a cohesive growth oriented culture aligning to the ANZ’s Great Place to Grow vision. You will deeply understand engineering and the retail & commercial risk environment to increase the quality and efficiency of the outcomes delivered by the squads as well ensuring the stability of systems.
In addition to chapter lead duties, your role is to ensure that the Collections Platform (PCC)
runs at scale efficiently and more reliably while accommodating our appetite for fast and frequent change requests. You will strive to have a complete understanding of our platform, its functions and dependencies, code and configuration. What will Your Day look like?
What will be in your toolkit?
- You will be responsible for the personal development and performance reviews of Chapter members, based on input from Product Owners and Squad members
- Coaching and development planning on topic expertise and personal development by promoting a continuous development culture
- Recognises and develops top-talent and proactively manages under-performance
- Own the standards within area of expertise and ensure alignment with other Chapter Leads across Tribes
- Continuously develops expertise on the Collections Experian based product, and stays up-to-date with emerging trends, practices and information
- Works with Tech Area Lead to understand and plan for workforce capability needs, current and future
- Input into architecture discussions on the strategic direction of the platform
- Work with Tribe Performance Lead and Technology Area Architect to develop solutions that map to release value Systematic identification and analysis of user groups to plan and conduct release engagement interactions
- Develop and present complex schedule and dependency plans which meet successful release criteria
- Understand, co-ordinate, resolve and tracking a range of complex interdependencies required for a successful release outcome Understand, facilitating and ensuring that key release related activities are completed
- Co-ordinate and/or execute moderate to complex deployment activities
- Encourage common planning and release design skills across Technology Areas to enable others to manage change in a complex operating environment
- Assist business with complex risk profiling – identify and assess risks and controls
- Able to build strong and influential stakeholder relationships
- Drive continuous improvement of service, coming out of retrospectives and velocity experience
You will also have the following specialised skills:
- Deep expertise in your Collections Chapter area combined with broad capability and a proven ability to innovate and adapt to the latest developments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others
- Ability to quickly grasp new content and the ability to translate this to your Chapter
- Proven analytical skills and data-driven decision maker
- Ability to ask for and give feedback
- Proven career history of continually delivering business and technology outcomes
- Actively engage in the whole lifecycle (inception, design, development, testing, deployment, operation, monitoring and refinement) of systems and services
- Monitor, measure and maintain availability and health of our infrastructure and platform
- Manage incidents/problems, apply fixes and resolve systematic issues; triage issues with stakeholders and identify and implement solutions to restore productivity
- Advocate for changes that improve overall platform health and performance
- Always look for opportunities to automate and build and maintain CICD pipelines
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're focused on seeing our people thrive just as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS142026