Business Intelligence Consultant
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Australia
- 23 Apr 19
Business Intelligence Consultant
Deloitte is theworld's largest professional service firm, with one of the largest and mostexperienced Analytics and Information Management (AIM) practices. We have 400+ specialised consultants inAustralia and more than 6,000 practitioners in the Deloitte global network.
With the everincreasing complexity and volume of data, the rise of in-memory, highperformance computing, data discovery and visualisation solutions and theconvergence of Big Data and Advanced Analytics, organisations are faced withincreasing number of choices to ensure they are able to exploit their dataassets for maximum advantage. Deloitte is able to draw from its vast globalexperience delivering complex BI/DW solutions for our clients across the fullspectrum of technology and business domains to provide the right strategicadvice to help an organisation respond effectively to these changes - as wellas partner with our clients to execute on our recommendations.
About the Role
Do you want to be apart of how we help companies utilise their valuable data resources througheffective use of the right technology, backed by a clear vision and strongexecutive sponsorship.
This is an opportunityto harness emerging technologies and analytical methodologies to solve realworld problems. You will be part of a close,collaborative team that identifies and builds solutions that are practical aswell as visionary, and that make an impact that matters.
As a Data Consultant, youwill assist in designing and implementing Data Management solutions for our keyclients.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing,transforming and querying data to generate real value for the business.
- Designingand building MSBI solutions across on-premises and cloud platforms
- Deliveringinsights through a range of corporate data sources through the application ofanalytics, data mining, ETL, Big Data or dashboards and real-time decision makingtechniques and applications using Tableau/Qlikview/Power BI/Similar Tools.
- Provideanalysis and consultation on data quality issues for clients, and manageprojects for changes to data supply and data quality from conception tocompletion
You will have:
- Provenexperience in BI and Data Management Delivery with strong focus of MicrosoftBI.
- Experiencewith Data Warehousing techniques and technologies, with advanced SQL skills
- Provenexperience with scripting data visualisations with an enterprise BI tool suchas SAP, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI etc.
- Experienceof cloud solutions (AWS, Cloudera, Hadoop Google Analytics/Similar Solutions) whichsupport the transformation of business services provided will bepreferred.
- Experienceof explaining and presenting technical information to non-technicalstakeholders.
- Tertiaryqualification in a technical or quantitative discipline.
About Us: Deloitte Culture
Join a high performing culture oftalented people, who are highly motivated and passionate about deliveringimpactful analytics solutions and insight. We are innovative and differentbecause YOU are... we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing DeloitteProfessionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who areat the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feelcomfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, build aworkplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll beconsidered part of the Deloitte community and our development and careerprogression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities thatwill set you up to succeed - in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assumethat you perform other roles within your life...you could be a student, ateacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise theimportance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this meansdifferent things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have questions regarding thisrole, the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion.Please contact Aditi Aggarwal via the Our Recruiters section on our careerswebsite.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP161994