Business Consultant (open banking)
Purpose of Role
As a pinnacle member of our Open Banking team you will be helping to deliver cutting edge solutions for our financial services clients. You will own and drive use case discussions with our customers from a high-level concept design to operational delivery and beyond, understanding what their needs are in the Open Banking environment as well as assisting them to integrate their existing solutions and Experian's solutions. You will work with our Head of Strategy, global teams and our dedicated technical consultant to build a solution roadmap for our Australia & New Zealand Open Banking strategy. You'll work closely with our more innovative customers to understand how they're delivering ROI and explore their ideas for new use cases and features.
You'll be able to provide subject matter expertise across credit risk practices, responsible lending, open banking, and interactions between consumer bureau and areas such as credit decisioning and fraud and ID.
Knowledge of customer management, collections, modelling, analytics and credit bureau is considered extremely beneficial.
In addition you'll be self-motivated, driven by successful outcomes and ideally be able to flex to different work and communication styles, as this will be required to work successfully with a broad range of customers and Experian stakeholders. This is an interesting role that sits in a small well-formed and high performing team, therefore this role operates across a broad range, from nitty gritty up to and including strategy. You'll wear many hats and be a significant individual contributor.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Proactive input to the ongoing development of Open Banking strategy, including solution development roadmap
- Stay abreast of changing legislation and regulation, review alignment with strategy and product development, advise of necessary changes and write submissions to regulatory bodies.
- Engage with regional and global consultants and credit services teams to bring insights and initiatives to the ANZ business
- Work in tandem with Product Management to define and develop new market appropriate solutions
- Responsible for management of the program of work for implementation of the Open Banking strategy
- Engagement with our clients to understand their Open Banking needs and priorities
- Lead / assist with solution design - facilitating client workshops, gathering and validating requirements
- Ability to work autonomously with clients without accompaniment from Sales
- Partner with sales to become the trusted adviser to key clients (both prospective and existing) as an Open Banking SME to drive our strategy and meet revenue goals
- Build pipeline for Open Banking solutions
- Assist with responses to RFI's & RFP's
- Build credibility for the Experian business through thought leadership and education, including the development of white papers and collateral We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to facilitate change and influence a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strategic thinking - ability to consider actions and decisions in the context of long term business objectives
- Ability and willingness to critically challenge ways of action and thought, and clearly articulate alternatives
- Drive market adoption of Open Banking
- Pipeline development of revenue generating opportunities in Open Banking
- Sharing Knowledge & Best Practice
- Champion a positive culture Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience and track record in a similar role essential
- Experience in financial services, bureau services or a similar industry