See job description for details
Business Analyst – Integration Readiness Tribe Role Type:
Permanent Full-time Role Location:
833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
The Integration Office ensures successful delivery of the Australia Retail & Commercial (AR&C) and Australia Business Transformation integration for our customers, people and shareholders through aligned people, fantastic outcomes, successful transition and enhanced ANZ performance and reputation. The Integration Office is solely responsible for supporting end-to-end integration, decision-making, design and build the customer transition plan. The Integration Readiness Tribe leads on alignment of the end-state operating model, end-to-end integration, addressing co-existence challenges whilst both ‘old’ and ‘new’ propositions are in market and governance of the integration programme of work. The Integration Readiness Tribe
is looking for a Business Analyst
to be part of the Integration Planning Squad.
The types of activities the Integration Planning
Squad may be deployed on include the development and evaluation of options to aid decision making to accelerate the programme, key elements of the end-state vision or operating model (e.g. distribution model, risk) and new digital business models. As critical operating model challenges/questions emerge, this team will be deployed to develop and evaluation options working across the business units and in partnership with Finance, Talent and Culture and other functions. The mandate of this squad also includes running the governance of the Integration Programme of work, supporting the key decision making forums at Board, ExCo, Design Group and Joint Integration Group (JIG). The squad will need to manage a relentless cadence of reviews will key stakeholders to support decision making across the entire Integration Office programme of work.
The purpose of the Business Analyst
is to deeply understand client needs and the business environment to design solutions to key integration challenges. You will partner with stakeholders from across AR&C and Australia Business Transformation using SME insight to translate business problems into solutions. Your focus:
Who are you?
- Developing options for end-state operating model capabilities or end-to-end integration roadmap, across all areas
- Working closely with business units and support functions to gather feedback on options, working closely with all areas including distribution, service, marketing, propositions, operations, risk
- Prepare evaluations of end-state options based on benefits and risks, including quantification of financial and people impacts
- Respond to critical integration issues/challenges as raised at Board, ExCo, Joint Integration Group to describe/size the issue, prepare options to address and validate implications across business units
What you bring to the Integration Readiness Tribe?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission.
- A relationship builder - You have a track record of engaging and building collaborative relationships with your stakeholders
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community by applying a commercial lens to risk management frameworks and controls
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank.
- Committed to continuous improvement - You are willing to challenge current practices and assumptions and take a strategic approach to your accountabilities to build for the future
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate ideas to senior stakeholders
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, and the ability to provide fact based recommendations
- Expert at stakeholder management, collaborative ways of working and influencing peers
- Extensive experience assimilating data and viewpoints to uncover insights
- An ability to rapidly learn new techniques / topic areas and bring innovative ideas into the Squad
- Subject matter expertise in either banking products, distribution, customer management or digital technology
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS125529