See job description for details
Assurance Management Expert– Prevention & Detection Program, Responsible Banking
This is a fantastic opportunity for a risk savvy professional to apply innovative thinking, tools and a creative approach to help us to rethink how we build sustainable risk and control management practices and embed the learnings from our current remediation program.
This work will involve partnering with Assurance colleagues and business teams to integrate the uplift in obligations, controls and governance.
ANZ is committed to ensuring that fair, consistent and timely remediation is provided to customers when we get something wrong. Our Responsible Banking Portfolio
is a centralised and dedicated team focused on the prevention, detection and execution of customer remediation activity for our Australian Retail and Commercial customers.
The Prevention & Detection Program
aims to uplift Australia, Retail & Commercial Division’s capability with respect to product management and contribute to the prevention of future customer remediation.
As an Assurance Management Expert
you will be responsible for providing 1st line operational risk management support to the Prevention & Detection Program in the Responsible Banking Portfolio. In this role you will:
Ideally, what you bring to the Prevention & Detection Program as an Assurance Management Expert?
- Provide assurance over quality and adequacy of risks, controls, treatments, events, audit items, obligations, change management initiatives, etc.
- Provide reporting and insights, identify trends and make recommendations in relation to how risks and compliance obligations are being identified, assessed and managed across the Program
- Partner with businesses to support them in delivering their own risk management accountabilities (e.g. changes, events, treatments, control design) via provision of input, expertise, coaching and guidance
- Drive improvement in risk capability/culture/awareness and promote operational risk management as a core capability across the Program
Who are you?
- Experience in operational risk management which includes control design, event management, compliance, risk profiling and change management
- Proven technical experience in control design or testing and impacts to risk profile
- Strong understanding of operational risk principles and regulatory expectations
- Ability to collaborate with the business to develop effective operational risk management solutions
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to build relationships
- Willingness to look at things differently, challenge the status quo and innovate
- A basic understanding of how retail and commercial products are designed, distributed and serviced would be beneficial
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, to be based in 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008 We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS122845.