- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 19 Nov 17
Associate / Senior Associate, Infrastructure - Project Finance
Associate / Senior Associate, Infrastructure - Project FinanceJob no: 995001
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: VIC CBD Melbourne Area
Categories: Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for the provision of products and services to major corporate, institutional and government clients. This is achieved through origination, structuring and execution of on and off balance sheet products that are enhanced through the efficient application of taxation, accounting, risk and capital management technologies.
Business and Corporate Finance delivers dynamic banking solutions to improve our clients' businesses and support Australia's economic development.
See yourself as part of our team
The Infrastructure team is part of Project Finance within Business and Corporate Finance. The team focuses on providing project finance to transport, public private partnerships and other infrastructure projects. You will also assist and work closely with the Melbourne Utilities project finance team as the need arises.
The team works extensively with the Client Coverage Group as well as other product partners in order to provide the optimum solution to our clients.
Do work that matters
You will originate, develop, optimise and facilitate complex financial transactions where detailed project financing considerations are a material element of the value-add, and collaborate with other teams across the Institutional Bank.
Working closely with the deal Team Leader on specific projects and opportunities, you will handle some aspects of the transaction (such as modelling, some due diligence and credit analysis) and on smaller transactions, have the opportunity to complete the work independently.
More specifically, you will:
- undertake detailed analysis of Project Finance cash flow models, including conducting of sensitivity analysis, and articulate findings and other key business drivers;
- conduct credit review of companies and projects and develop your structuring skills, and be able to identify risks;
- provide input and assist in the preparation of credit submissions; and
- provide proactive and solutions-focused support to the Deal Team Leader where required.
We want to hear from people who have:
- a track record of working in deal teams, exposure to institutional clients and advisors and working in a target-driven business;
- experience in the infrastructure or Project Finance sectors would be ideal;
- aptitude in financial modelling;
- ability to prepare both written and oral presentations/submissions;
- demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and manage deadlines;
- experience in risk mitigation, risk allocation and an understanding of the impact on the client; and
- strong communication skills and the composure and drive to commit to meet tight transaction deadlines.
A degree in commerce, business or a related field is also essential.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 21 November, but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
Advertised: 08 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.