Associate, Wealth Management Operations
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
See job description for details
Position Summary/Overall Purpose of the Job
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Client Services team within Australia Wealth Management Operations is responsible for supporting client onboarding, deceased estates processing, CHESS Sponsorship and intermediary/external planner functions for the Australia Wealth Management business. The role will be part of a team who support both local and overseas teams relating to the onboarding and ongoing maintenance of client accounts and data integrity. The candidate should have sound trade life-cycle knowledge, and experience in a similar role within the wealth management sector.
Key responsibilities include:
· Ensuring all daily processes and SLAs are met within applicable timeframes
· Manage day to day BAU in line with team objectives and regulatory requirements
· Identifying process improvements
· Maintaining a culture of high performance and excellent service for both internal and external clients
· Contribute to additional administration projects as requested by management
· Provide exceptional client service support to internal and external clients alike
· Liaise with various departments across the wealth management business
· Deceased Estates processing
· Chess Sponsorship
· Intermediary & External Planner administration
Key Competencies / Skills
· Strong investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
· Acute awareness of risk, with clear focus on control and timely escalation of risk items to management
· Strong attention to detail and be highly deadline oriented
· Excellent teamwork skills, outgoing and motivated
· Effective organisational skills
· Ability to lead by example
· Proficient skills in Microsoft Office - experience of spreadsheets, formulae and pivot tables is advantageous
· Strong communication skills, willingness to transfer knowledge is imperative
· Team player, must be able to collaborate across multiple operational areas
· Taking ownership and setting expectation in line with business & team objectives.
· Demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards
· Excellent overall communication abilities including ability to modify approach to suit various audiences
· Ability to network effectively with staff or external parties and maintains effective working relationship.
· Embraces Change - Initiates and embraces change in the work environment.
· Ability to prioritise and juggle workloads