Associate Project Manager / Project Manager Oracle
Job Description: About DXC Red Rock
DXC Red Rock is the largest independent provider of Oracle consulting and managed services in Australia and New Zealand. Red Rock provides dynamic technology leadership in delivering Oracle Cloud solutions, with a full continuum of services around Oracle's integrated suite of applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
As part of DXC Technology, Red Rock offers speed and agility with thought leadership and global scale. This allows us to design and deliver innovative market-leading solutions that enable clients to transform their businesses and the broader market. Oracle has globally recognized Red Rock's expertise and skills by accrediting us as an Oracle Platinum Partner, Oracle Cloud Select Partner and Cloud Managed Service Provider. The Role
An opportunity has arisen for an Associate Project Manager / Project Manager with strong Oracle experience to join our DXC Red Rock family in Melbourne Key Responsibilities
Key Skills Required
- Develops work statements, scope/priority definitions, budgets and schedules for assigned moderately complex programs. Develops documents with appropriate standards to meet client requirements and needs.
- Requests and/or oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact with client program management.
- Monitors program status and identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements. Identifies and resolves matters of significance impacting the productivity of assigned programs globally. Implements changes and adjusts as appropriate.
- Interfaces and collaborates with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed, plans for and adjusts as needed. Gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
- Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to ensure product meets client needs and specifications. Interfaces and provides input to discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level.
- Manages expectations of client project/senior management, company management and project team for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing, analysing and interpreting project metrics.
- Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyses feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
- Leads assigned personnel for program(s) / project(s). Provides direction and assigns work as appropriate with regard to timeliness and completion of objectives. May address performance issues within prescribed guidelines and may provide performance input.
- Prepares and recommends program operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, reviews and recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources, globally, to optimise objectives for assigned programs
- Three or more years of project management experience
- Experience in Oracle is mandatory
- Experience in Cloud or Software as a Service (SaaS) desired
- Consulting Experience is a MUST
- Strong leadership qualities, including building and motivating teams and organisational development skills. Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of typical legal matters in IT projects
- Demonstrated stakeholder management at Senior Management level
- Experience working in medium to large scale complex ICT environments
- Solid MS Project/Program Scheduling capabilities
- Experience managing complex large-scale initiatives with intense executive visibility and scrutiny, including managing competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- A strong skills base among areas such as, financial and budget management and IT governance processes
- Propensity to predict client needs, and identify opportunities where we can support them in executing their strategies
- Experience in being a trusted advisor - providing their point of view and pragmatic advice to management regarding project delivery, governance and controls
- Ability to develop strong trusted relationships with colleagues and clients
- Project Management - Professional certification or accreditation in project or program management
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Prince2 including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies including earned value management, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working quality management approaches and techniques
- Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures, and principles to ensure compliance
- Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working with administrative processes
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the development, integration and deployment of project phases
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred
- Public sector experience in contracting, statutory compliance, enforcement of standards and requirements, and delivery of mission services preferred
This pivotal role provides an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and growth-oriented practice within a leading organisation with substantial career opportunity. DXC Culture & Benefits
DXC Technology is dedicated to 'putting its people first'. We offer competitive remuneration; benefits, training and career opportunities and a culture that demonstrates our employees are our priority. Some Of Our Benefits Include But Not Limited To
How To Apply
- DXC University
- Education Assistance
- Reward & Recognition
- Staff Referral Program
- Novated Leasing
- Health Insurance (discount program)
- Volunteer Days / Emergency Services
If you have the above skill set, and if you would like to be part of a culture that rewards performance and encourages ideas, then please press the "apply now" button below and submit your resume.