Associate Consumer Risk
A career that gives you more
- Come and make this role your own
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- We are focused on your learning & development
You will be accountable for supporting a Senior Risk Partner (SRP) to deliver effective 2nd line risk overview, challenge and advice, across the end-to-end value chain for NAB's Consumer distribution channels (Retail, Direct, Broker). Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Analysing, trending and interpreting data to provide fact-based risk insights
- Conducting risk assessments
- Documenting high level process flows where these are not available or inadequate
- Conducting sample tests of areas of concern as and when required
- Monitoring and reviewing first LoD controls testing outcomes and effectiveness, e.g. review relevant reports
- Monitoring and reviewing risk events, tracking to completion
This role sits within the Consumer Risk Team and would be well suited to someone that is prepared to take a position and hold it even when others have differing views. You will be inquisitive in nature and thrive on questioning how things are undertaken and suggest improvements that can be implemented. In return this role offers you the opportunity to interact, challenge and influence effectively across the business. Successful applicants will have a mix of the following experiences:
- Previous experience working in a Financial Institution or Big 4 consulting firm
- Previous role as a data scientist and/or previous role in an audit or assurance function (at least one of these two)
- A proven ability to leverage data and numerical skills in risk decision making
- Understanding of risks associated with financial services (eg Operational, Compliance, Reputational, Process, Conduct, Delivered and Strategic Risks).
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
07 Nov 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time