Application Security Engineer
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $800 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact. Your role
As an Application Security Engineer, you will sit within our Security team and work closely with all product and engineering teams across the business. Reporting directly to the CTO, this role will see you play a critical part of defending both Airwallex and 1000s of our customers by building our application security program and making our platform as secure as possible.
As Airwallex continues its global expansion, security is of the utmost importance and your day to day work will ensure that the Product and Engineering teams have the confidence to build and release products as quickly as possible without compromising security. From actively identifying vulnerabilities, conducting threat detection and analysing malware to partnering with engineers to help prevent vulnerabilities ever existing. This role requires you to get deep into the code base while interacting with and educating the broader business on security best practices.
What you will do:
- Review the Airwallex platform and products' code to identify security issues and help engineers find more secure solutions
- Proactively work with our product and engineering teams to assess risk and provide policy guidance on secure code review and best practices
- Be the advocate for security architecture best practices across the Product and Engineering organisation, including secure configuration and deployment of new infrastructure and services
- Educate the engineering and product teams on what secure code and design looks like and why it is important
- Continually test our applications, both internally and externally
- Keep up to date across the latest threats and attack techniques and how they apply to our platform
- Coordinate and manage third party application security reviews and penetration tests
- Set standards for identity and access management across the platform
- Review our use of cloud providers, identify risk areas, and help mitigate them
What you will bring:
- At least 5 years experience in information security
- In depth understanding of common attacker tools and techniques, and how they are can be exploited by insecure development practices
- A passion for solving problems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical security and software concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Kotlin, Typescript, NodeJS, and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with GCP and Alibaba Cloud
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar is preferred
- Any additional training, security certifications, or history of responsible disclosure is a big plus, such as GIAC certifications, OSCP or your HackerOne profile or other bug bounty programs
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.