IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of DevOps CoE, you will lead efforts by translating client requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. As a talented cloud DevOps expert, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary, global team of architects, designers, and developers to bring new features to life.
You have a current and comprehensive knowledge of DevOps at your fingertips, which you will apply to the effective and efficient management of the environments, ensure capability for continuous integration, containerization functionality and testing.
You will transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. You are passionate and take pride in your work, you are involved in developer communities and open-source projects. If you are self-motivated, curious and love to be hands on, we have the right opportunity for you!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced skills in RedHat OpenShift
- Source code management GitHub
- Continuous Delivery/Integration: Travis CI, Jenkins, UrbanCode
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring tools e.g LogDNA, Sysdig. Nagios, Zabbix
- Cloud platform e.g, Azure, AWS, Databases
- "Infrastructure as Code" concept using tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and or equivalent work experience
- Automation Testing tools e.g. Selenium, JUnit
- Coding & shell scripts using languages such as Python, Bash, Ruby, YAML
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understand and ability to integerate security
- Knowledge in Test-Driven Development
- Database experience
- Linux Knowledge
- Contributions in developer ecosystem/communities and open source projects
- Good communication skills