See job description for details
Data Analytics and BI Chapter Lead
Location: Docklands, Melbourne
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of something really different - working in an agile way to innovate and deliver quality outcomes at pace? As part of our Australia Business Transformation, we’re looking for people who are passionate about transformational change and doing great things for our customers, to help us redefine banking for the future.
Join us as we reimagine our customer propositions and services using the latest platforms and technology, to better support our customers’ financial wellbeing. What’s your mission?
As the Data Analytics and BI Chapter Lead
supporting the Data Enablement tribe
within our Australia Business Transformation,
your mission is to instil a data driven culture within the program by leading a chapter of analytics professionals. By leveraging a hub and spoke operating model of centralised and embedded team members you will ensure common data products and tools are established within the hub while executing on them with your embedded team members within the business Value Streams to unlock insights to propel the business forward.
You will be accountable to lead your people to establish a new set of operational and compliance reports across different domains including risk, marketing, front line services and product. By leveraging GCP you will be challenged to reinvent the way reporting is done in a modern organisation by creating threshold-based, API integrated reports that initiate business workflows.
You will work with business leaders to challenge the need for reflective reports and drive the business forward with predictive analytics and modelling to help drive feature delivery roadmaps and provide insights on customer and business optimisation opportunities. What will be in your toolkit?
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
What will your day look like?
- Data modeling and/or business intelligence background (ideally with some cloud experience)
- Proven successful implementation of large data solutions
- Ability to influence both technical and business peers and stakeholders
- Leadership of Data Analyst teams
- Ability to be ‘on the tools’ when required to support the team. Strong SQL skills and/or Python, and experience with various BI/visualization tools is a must.
- Working within ANZ’s Chapter model means your direct reports are embedded in various squads across business value streams, and your role is to create a chapter as a ‘home’ for your BI and Analytics people
- Providing leadership and direction to direct reports on the work they are doing, both on a technical and functional level. You will be a ‘sounding board’ for ideas, and will encourage people to do their best work
- Liaising with Product Owners in various direct reports’ squads on ensuring work allocated is aligned with skills and career aspirations of direct reports
- Most of your time will be line management; however, you will also be ‘doing’ the work, choosing or being allocated to a particular initiative to provide deep SME support
- You will support your chapter in establishing best practices and ways of working by developing frameworks, standards and tooling.
- You will be on the Data Leadership team, helping to ‘steer the ship’ within Data Enablement with other Chapter Leads and Product Owners.
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS139574