Analyst, Engineer - Remote
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as "remote" due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.
Your new role awaits
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Progressive & agile culture
- Significant future career prospects
The purpose of this role is to develop, configure, deploy and support NAB's Monitoring, and Analytics platforms to the broader organisation. This involves core functions such as self-service, automation and CI/CD capabilities that underpin the platform and enable the delivery of the features to internal users at NAB.
A typical day will include:
What you will bring:
- Being an active member of a team involved in Implementation of monitoring solutions for new and existing systems utilising Splunk/AppDynamics and other tools, aligned to NAB standard patterns
- Data onboarding/mapping; involving all stages of the SDLC for ingesting new data sources to Splunk/APPD and other tools - via Universal Forwarders, HTTP Event Collector and APIs, syslog etc.
- Provide technical support for Monitoring tools consisting of Splunk, APPD and others ensuring SLA adherence
- Implementing performance optimisation - Optimise existing and new search queries and dashboards to improve performance
- Being keen to develop into a subject matter expert for the function and operate on direction provided by the subject matter experts
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Diagnostic tool architectures, administration and custom development across one of the leading tools like Splunk (Splunk Enterprise/Splunk Enterprise Security/Splunk ITSI, Elastic or other)
- Experience in the architecture and configuration of log aggregation tools such as: Splunk, Logstash, Sumo Logic etc.
- Proven experience with Splunk/Kibana Reports & Dashboards, Data ingestion patterns and optimisation techniques
- AWS certification in at least one area or equivalent (Azure and/or GCP experience preferred)
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, CD tools (particularly Jenkins), Scripting (Linux Shell & Python)
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
08 May 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time