Analyst, Corporate Actions
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America's best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com Summary
Under direct supervision responsible for handling and processing of routine transactions such as balancing and reconciling of positions related to mergers, conversions, and redemptions. Corporate Actions deals with stock and cash and the prime responsibility of the team is to timely notify the fund managers on all voluntary and mandatory corporate actions and act upon the fund managers¿ instructions within the given deadlines. It is an entry level position with opportunity to develop professionally.
1. Responsible for processing all forms of corporate events like balancing and reconciliations related to mergers, conversions and redemptions.
2. Ensures day to day deliverables are met. Checklists are to be prepared and submitted to the next level on a daily basis.
3. Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines
4. Running and creating formal reports
5. Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job
6. Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts
7. Knowledgeable of the core aspects of the job
8. Works effectively as a team member but also independently Qualifications
- Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Attention to detail is required
- Basic Functional / Industry Knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of banking procedures
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is preferred