Analyst (Cloud and Big Data)
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Analyst (Cloud and Big Data)
Analyst - Data Services Customer - Data Services
Data Services deliver enterprise solutions that make the right data accessible to our people and customers through tools and channels to drive faster and more informed decision making, removing friction and ultimately delivering a world class customer experience.
Data Services Customer
As an Analyst, you will be part of the Data Services Customer Tribe within Data Services Domain.
The main focus of our Tribe is to create a system of people, process and technology (on premise and cloud), built for agility, to provide data and capabilities for our customer facing business areas (Retail, Small Business and Institutional) to create business and customer value, by being in the moment with our customers.
You will be part of a fantastic team that engineer, design, build, test and support applications for Cloud Data Platforms. You will work closely with squad members to ensure outcomes meet customer expectations.
What does a 'day in the life' look like
- Partners with Product Owner to validate requirements and priority ensuring alignment to value.
- Works collaborately with the Product Owner, Engineers and other people in the Squad to translate business requirements into workable technology outcomes with clear acceptance criteria for the Squad.
- Ensures work is flowing via front door ensuring consistent demand management process. Optimises workflow management to ensure traceability back to strategic alignment
- Leverages tools for optimal collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Implements a culture within the Tribe and the Chapter, encouraging best practices around reviews, quality and documentation
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and implement solutions to perform more effective and efficient analysis
- Provides ongoing support for the platform as required e.g. problem / incident management
- Verifies acceptance criteria is met.
- Verifies and validates what is in production (especially after changes)
- Contributes to Analysis communities, meetups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
- May create, understand and monitor application metrics
Role Skills and Responsibilities
What will be in your toolkit
- You have a good understanding of interconnections between complex systems, large scale web architectures and have general knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Ideally, you have 5 yrs of experience, of which 2 has been in a role leveraging GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Expertise in usage of Jira/Confluence. Ability to create Features/Epics/Stories with appropriate workflows.
- Deep domain and system knowledge to turn customer needs into business requirements and workable technology outcomes
- Experience in translating requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse and report on significant amounts of information. Attention to detail is a must for this role.
- A desire to continuously learn new techniques / technologies and bring innovative ideas into the Squad
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.