Advisory Solution Architect - Public Sector
Are you an IT Leader/Advisor that can transform how the Public Sector views and uses IT? Have you personally arrived at a vision of how public cloud can fundamentally change IT costs and capabilities whilst delivering better citizen outcomes? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the strengths and weaknesses of IT process standards? Do you have experience leading diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring enterprise IT Leaders to work with Public Sector Departments, Agencies, policy bodies and their partners in transforming their IT landscapes and ability to deliver citizen services. Our Advisory Solution Architects will engage with customers to identify and overcome barriers in terms of policy, strategy and systems integration. Engagements include driving evolution of policy to better enable cloud usage, identification and remediation of technical/integration blockers with existing systems and supporting broad-based change efforts at the Deputy-Secretary and Ministerial level.
Engagements include projects covering thousands of applications on tens of thousands of servers, developing a shared vision, leading the customer and partner over the technical and organisational hurdles of cloud adoption, demonstrating the reality of the vision and then enabling them to achieve fully operational cloud computing capabilities.
This role will cover a broad range of relevant technologies including, networking, security, compute, storage, database, enterprise applications, ITSM, TOGAF, and will require strong business leadership and process skills including project management, cost analysis, and risk assessment.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to define Public Sector cloud policy and strategies.
• Engaging with Policy bodies to help them update and modernise their IT perspectives, and to solve technical and policy blockers.
• Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Public Sector challenges.
• Identifying technical barriers and patters in Public Sector and leading the creation of solutions to overcome these barriers
• Generating Strategies to enable Agency-wide migrations to AWS
• Working at the Policy level and then driving outcomes at the execution level
• Getting feedback of common Public Sector requirements into AWS service development teams.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations in Australia and New Zealand as necessary. Basic Qualifications
• Significant experience of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
• Managing executive customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Experience with Government Agencies and Ministers or senior Public Sector leaders in A/NZ and globally.
• Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including ServiceNow, SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including IRAP, PCI DSS, SOC-1&2 and ISO 27001. Preferred Qualifications
• Hands on experience leading large-scale Government IT transformation projects.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of IT Operations, cloud computing, or IT Strategy.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• A Bachelors degree; Masters/MBA degree preferred.