Account Manager Credit Restructuring
Get set for your next great career move.
How will I help?
- Based in Collins Street, Melbourne
- Be part of Westpac's Credit Risk business division
As Account Manager
, you will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of sub-standard and impaired assets and incorporates active involvement with :
What in it for you?
- Direct engagement with borrowers and their advisers,
- Credit Risk personnel and systems to ensure account management, MIS and the risk profile of the borrowers in the portfolio is current and accurate at all times,
- The preparation of high quality reports (mainly credit submissions and briefing papers) to the Head of Credit Restructuring, Group credit executives, Group executives and the relevant Board Committees,
- External advisors such as insolvency firms and lawyers, in order to develop and recommend credit risk management strategies for each borrower in the portfolio, based on credit analysis of the borrower and the legal review of Westpac's documentation and security, including recommendations surrounding provisioning
- Supporting , coaching and mentoring credit analysts in Credit Restructuring
You'll play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world's great service companies. So, we'll back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You'll also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure. What do I need?
In this role you will see at first hand how borrowers behave when their businesses get into financial trouble, you will develop through close contact with highly experienced Credit Restructuring executives, you will improve your credit skills and you will have the opportunity to work in a high-performing environment.
You will further develop your strategic thinking, negotiating and problem solving skills through interaction with borrowers, insolvency/restructuring firms, lawyers and other lenders. It will give you a good sense of what can go wrong with corporate borrowers and develop your confidence to deal with borrowers in any situation. Knowledge & Experience:
What's it like to work here?
- Sound experience in corporate credit assessment, together with evidence of extensive direct customer engagement,
- Very comfortable with financial accounts and (basic) financial modelling, with well-developed commercial sense,
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Good listener,
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to engage with borrowers, professional advisers and internal Westpac contacts,
- Good working knowledge of Institutional Banking & Commercial Banking loan and transactional products and associated systems (highly desirable but not essential),
- Assertiveness, persistence and a robust sense of humour are necessary characteristics.
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work.
As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility - and champions inclusion. How do I apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button