Account Manager, Banking Sector - Sydney
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- EY Australia
- 22 Apr 19
Account Manager, Banking Sector - Sydney
You like to achieve and you also like a challenge. Continuing your career with us will provide you with the opportunity to work with some of the world's leading organisations, helping them perform better in a rapidly changing environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with experience or an interest in working in the Banking and Capital Markets industry - preferably across a number of roles - and an ambition to develop consulting and business development skills over time.
Your key responsibilities
- Developing an understanding of the full range of services that the firm has developed to meet the needs of our insurance sector clients and supporting the structuring of these into client propositions
- Taking responsibility for account management infrastructure for priority accounts, including managing monthly reporting, analysis of management information, the annual budgeting process and our sales pipeline
- Keeping up to date with the Financial Services market, product and regulatory developments and refreshing our internal and external views on market themes on a monthly basis
- Carrying out desk based research into the market as required
- Working alongside colleagues to develop proposals to carry out work on behalf of clients and, where possible, assisting with the delivery of the work
- Building internal and external networks
- Developing relevant subject matter expertise and contributing to thought leadership
- Carrying out ad hoc internal projects as required
To qualify for the role you must have
- Sound Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to capture, organize, analyze and manipulate qualitative and quantitative data
- Understanding / interest in learning of the financial services market
- Broad technical competence
- First class oral and written communication skills
- Sociable and able to build internal and external networks
- Ability to thrive in a fast changing work environment
- Self motivated with a robust and resilient disposition
- Organised and self-disciplined
- Calm and capable - able to manage conflicting priorities and honour all commitments
- Curious, with a high propensity to learn
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and the value you bring. Our Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development, and an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings. We are happy to consider formal and informal flexible working arrangement. To find out how some of our people are using these arrangements to help them achieve a lifestyle balance, please click here .
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to mbrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
As a global leader in assurance , tax , transaction and advisory services , we're using the finance products, knowledge and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.