See job description for details
Project Manager position with large Gold Coast employer of choice, contract until 30 June 2022 Your new company
Hays Technology are currently partnered with a well known Gold Coast employer of choice.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to start immediately, with an initial assignment to 30 June and strong potential for extension.
This role will be based centrally on the Gold Coast with flexible hybrid working arrangements to allow for working from home. Your new role
In this role, you will join the organisations growing PMO and be responsible for managing the planning, design, build and implementation of projects across the organisation, including both business and IT projects.
Your responsibilities will include
What you'll need to succeed
- Setting up the defined project governance structures required to successfully manage projects
- Managing all aspects of the project(s) including program scope, risks, integration, issues and financial management
- Reporting project status and performance through appropriate governance structures
- Coordinating acquisition and resourcing processes for project resources
- Liaising, coordinating and negotiating with internal and external service providers/vendors for the provision of other services
- Utilising an established customer engagement model to ensure a high level of customer input and ownership
- Ensuring alignment and compliance with the defined project management methodologies, governance structures, processes, tools, reporting regimes and approaches
- Producing required documentation and artefacts that contribute to delivering a project in alignment with the Project Management Framework.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate
- Proven experience in formal Project Manager roles (Business or IT) with a track record of successful delivery
- End-to-end Project Management experience including Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Closure
- Strong ability to manage project scope, risks, integration, issues and financials, as well as reporting and governance requirements
- Experience establishing formalised stakeholder management and engagement plans
- Demonstrated experience in managing transition activities in order to achieve benefit realisation.
- Ability to consult and influence a diverse range of customers with advanced written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability and adaptable to different organisational cultures and new ideas
- Ability to successfully pass a Police Check and Drug and Alcohol testing
- Tertiary qualifications or industry certifications in Project Management (PRINCE2, PMP etc)
Previous experience in managing enterprise wide projects would be advantageous. Previous experience in a similar role in the Public Sector would be desirable, but not essential What you'll get in return
This role offers you an hourly rate of $100 - $110 per Hour + Super, an immediate start and an opportunity to join the regions employer of choice.
Contractors through Hays Technology also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Option to be engaged on a Pty Ltd basis (conditions apply)
- Regular contact with consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal. APPLICATIONS CLOSE: THURSDAY 23 SEPTEMBER
For further information about this role, please contact:
If this role isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for similar Project Manager roles in the Gold Coast or Brisbane, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508