See job description for details
Production and Supply business in Northern NSW require an Accountant to join the team immediately. Your new company
A family owned supplier based in Northern NSW require an Accountant to report directly into the Financial Controller. This role will assist with monthly accounting and reporting duties and provide support to Managerial, Administrative and Operational staff. Your new role
• Provide support with preparation of month and year end processes, budget preparation, and financial statements
• Provide support with any tax related reporting, including FBT and BAS statements.
• Financial accounting including maintenance of GL for all Balance sheet related activities ensuring completeness and accuracy.
• Preparation of journals and reconciliation of accounts
• Asset Register Maintenance/Reconciliation
• Leasing Maintenance/Reconciliation
• Any other duties as associated with the role What you'll need to succeed
• Accounting degree or other relevant degree, with a minimum of 5 years experience
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
• High attention to detail
• Advanced spreadsheet skills (highly desirable)
• Willingness to accept new responsibilities
• Ability to work in a team and effectively contribute to outcomes using sound problem-solving skills and logic, organised approach to work.
• Accurate and clear communication skills both written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deadlines What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to move into the role of Financial Controller within a few years, as well as contributing your insight into the business commercially. A full time, permanent position with a well established family run business. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Harvey.Rivers@hays.com.au, or call Harvey Rivers, Senior Finance specialist on 0755710751
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508