Talent Acquisition Consultant (Fixed Term Contract)
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 13 Dec 17
See job description for details
- Internal Recruitment position with a leading Professional Services Firm
- Join our growing Canberra office
- We make a real difference to communities through our social and environmental programs
KPMG Australia's National Talent Acquisition Team is seeking a versatile Talent Acquisition Consultant to support our Canberra office based in Canberra. The position is a fixed term contract until June 2018. This includes standard employee benefits and would support both graduate and experienced hires.
Recognised in 2017 by the Australian Financial Review as #4 in Australia's Top 100 graduate employers and as Australia's #1 Talent Attractor by Linkedin 2016 for experienced hires, this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career and join an industry leading firm at a time of growth and substantial success. Our culture is supportive and collaborative that leads by example and encourages you to expand your professional experience.
Your new role
As part of the national People, Performance & Culture (PPC) function, this integral position is responsible for delivering recruitment sourcing strategies, and building key relationships with the firm's senior leadership, and working cohesively with the national recruitment leadership.
This position will require you to support recruitment for a diverse portfolio of service lines in our Canberra office which largely focuses on the Defence & National Security and the Federal Government sector. Experience/knowledge and networks in these areas will be highly beneficial.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- End to end management of all experienced recruitment of Canberra's Advisory (Management Consulting) practice including the Defence & National Security Sector
- Working closely and building relationships with senior leaders of all Advisory services lines and the Defence & National Security Sector to plan and execute talent acquisition strategies to hire talent directly
- Attend relevant TA, PPC and business events and provide support as required
- Identify potential TA process improvements and raise with your Performance Manager
- For all recruitment you will build relationships and work closely with strategic resourcing teams, HR managers and broader PPC teams
To succeed in this challenging position you will ideally hold:
- End to end experience in recruitment processes
- Experience in sourcing and screening of applicants through a variety of assessment tools
- Ability to establish good networks within the Canberra market
- Experience in agency recruitment (preferably high volume) as well as an in-house environment will be advantageous
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills with the ability to develop trust and credibility at senior levels
- Knowledge of Defence and Federal Government and an understanding of a large corporate or professional services environment
- Highly organised and the ability to work under pressure with competing priorities
- A passionate people person with exceptional communication and the ability to engage and influence others
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
Advertised: 21 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Dec 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time