Senior Data Consultant
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Australia
- 23 Apr 19
Senior Data Consultant
- Salary packaging to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Rewards platform: your hard work won't go unnoticed at Deloitte
- Holistic wellbeing program: free flu vaccinations and free health assessments
An amazing opportunity to make an impact that matters with high profile clients - be a part of one of the fastest growing teams in the ACT.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant, you will be part of designing and implementing Business Intelligence and Data Management solutions for our key clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Data preparation, transformation and presentation using SQL on several different database platforms
- Working with the wider business to influence the strategies, architecture & design.
- Delivering insights through a range of corporate data sources through the application of analytics, data mining and real-time decision making techniques and applications.
- Supporting clients defining their strategy and building internal data governance framework- testing, security, accuracy and consistency.
- Provide analysis and consultation on data quality issues for clients.
Big data, information and analytics. Three words that spark apprehension in most businesses. Our team of experts are constantly curious and excited about combining our wonderful array of technological expertise to transform data into our clients' most valuable assets, making their work smarter. Our data scientists are supported with resources, training and tools they need to excel at their work, but also the freedom and power to create their own paths forward to make a difference.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
We're looking for someone with:
- A current security clearance or ability to obtain one (Australian Citizenship required)
- A minimum of 2 years of data management experience
- Experience working with a structured project delivery environment, with preference of exposure to Australian Government clients (Defence highly valued)
- Experience with Data Warehousing techniques and technologies, with advanced SQL skills
- Proven experience with scripting data visualisations with an enterprise BI tool such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI etc.
- Experience of cloud solutions (AWS, Cloudera, Google Analytics or similar)
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact the Talent Acquisition team via the Deloitte Careers page. We'd love to hear from you!
This position is only open to Australian Citizens due to the nature of client engagements. For other positions, we encourage Non-residents, Non-citizens to view our Careers page and apply.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP165117