Manager - People & Change
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Part time
- KPMG Australia
- 25 Feb 18
See job description for detailsKPMGâ€™s Management Consulting group has a solid track record of helping organisations to enhance their strategic and operational performance. We provide clear and practical advice to help our clients meet the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment. Our People and Change practice has experienced significant growth, presenting attractive career and development opportunities for you. As a result, Manager level opportunities exist for talented strategic workforce planning, and workforce analytics practitioners who seek to thrive in a collaborative and supportive culture. Optimally, candidates should have explicit experience across all of the following two areas:
- Strategic Workforce Planning â€" Business driven evidence based analysis to forecast the capacity and capability requirements of the future workforce to meet business outcomes over a typical 3-5 year business horizon. Use of both qualitative and quantitative methods to develop scenarios of business outcomes and corresponding long-term workforce plans, and/or
- Workforce Analytics â€" Use of advanced data analytics methods with workforce data to derive actionable insights to improve business performance. Ideally you have a strong understanding of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analysis. Presenting valuable insights to inform workforce strategy and HR initiatives.
- Lead the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with colleagues from areas across the People and Change team as well as Management Consulting more broadly
- Manage a small team of consultants and/or facilitate client teams
- Provide specialist workforce planning advice and work closely with the client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Manage quality/risk issues and suggest solutions.
- Contribute to People & Change business development, including working with key account teams to scope opportunities or developing compelling and winning proposals that meet our clientsâ€™ needs.
- Contribute to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers and to the People & Change practice more generally
- an inquisitive mind and the ability to see the workforce as a system and to deal with multiple data sources and ambiguity
- Strong commercial and business acumen with a desire to grow in a fast paced working environment.
- Explicit experience working in, and advising on, workforce planning and analytics at a middle management level.
- Recent delivery and business development experience within a consulting environment or significant comparable experience from industry.
- Experience in utilising, and leading with, project / program management methodologies.
- Strong developed relationship management skills with exceptional oral and written communication abilities to develop a case for change
- A strong understanding of/or advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- A tertiary qualification in commerce, organisational psychology, economics, human resources, or a related discipline
KPMG is one of the worldâ€™s leading professional services networks. It comprises over 155,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential. In Australia, and globally, KPMG is recognized as an employer of choice, including receiving the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality from WGEA, and a Top 10 Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
At KPMG we offer you:
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments.
- The ability to collaborate and link with diverse disciplines and globally with sector and technical experts.
- The ability to be connected and contributing, with KPMG supporting the community through education, social inclusion and health volunteering options, including our Reconciliation Action Plan and Global Green Initiative.
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems.
- If you want a career for all of you, please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online now.
Advertised: 15 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time