FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions (FPRS) are recruiting for multiple positions to join them to work in the Australian Infrastructure Financing Facility for the Pacific (AIFFP) AIFFP team. Please note: The first recruitment round has finished for these roles, but our client may revisit future opportunities based on their business requirements. Any applications will be filed, and contact will be initiated based on that requirement.
- Full time contracts until 30 June 2026 with the possibility of extensions
- Canberra based but other locations considered with the understanding there will be a requirement to work in the AIFFP offices in Canberra as required (travel expenses paid)
- Travel to the Pacific forms part of the requirement of the roles
- Role is open to Australia citizens only
The AIFFP partners with governments and private sector in the Pacific and Timor-Leste, to provide grant and loan financing for high quality, transformational energy, water, transport, telecommunications and other infrastructure.
If successful, full-time employment will be with FPRS for the term of the contract.
Highly competitive full-time salaries and benefits on offer.
ABOUT the ROLE
The Director is responsible for the entire investment cycle of a number of complex and high value investments, generally concentrated in one sector or market with a particular focus on ensuring quality implementation.
The Director leads a small team and is responsible for building organisational capability through their leadership, mentoring and development of others.
OVERVIEW of RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Lead on transactions across a range of sectors, drawing on broad technical skills (in multiple sectors and project finance) to identify and assess quality infrastructure projects, considering complex development, strategic and financial factors.
- Lead the assessment of financial and commercial viability, project deliverability, economic benefits, social and development value, and sector level environmental and social impacts, as well as debt sustainability to ensure responsible lending.
- Supervise and quality assure due diligence processes on counterparties (sponsor, EPC, proposed financing partners, major off takers) and associated contracts.
- Supervise, quality assure and ensure consideration of environmental and social safeguards, gender equality, climate resilience, sustainability, other existing DFAT policies.
- Manage the development of project pipeline by building relationships with officials, state owned enterprises and private sector stakeholders across the Pacific and Timor-Leste.
- Lead negotiations and grant and/or loan packages and supervise and quality assure documentation including briefing and internal documents to update relevant desks and posts, cross-Government stakeholders, senior Managers, the AIFFP Board, Export Finance Australia and Ministers
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience of project implementation and program management, ideally of loan financed infrastructure projects in the Pacific and Timor-Leste
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of infrastructure finance, particularly sovereign lending
- Relevant degree qualification
- Demonstrated capacity to lead a team of technical experts, work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, including junior and senior staff, project partners and key political and civic actors.
Please contact Bryan Creith for a confidential discussion on 0417 211 606 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, application process and the comprehensive Role Description(s).
Applications close Sunday 5th November 2023.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions is a recruitment agency providing temporary assignments, fixed term contracts and permanent recruitment solutions to Government and Corporate Australia