Head of Partner Solution Architecture - Australian Public Sector
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and collaborative pre-sales managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of technology leaders, innovators, and disruptors in the Australian Public Sector. Your team will help customers architect highly scalable and available workloads, cloud native applications, and innovative solutions in various technology domains such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), and Serverless computing. If you are someone who likes to work with customers and solve complex challenges, AWS is hiring Senior Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the technology and consider the value our technology creates for our customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed to enable outcomes. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services teams, as well as representing your team to executive management. Basic Qualifications
• 10+ years of hands on implementation or consulting experience
• 5+ years in a customer and /or partner facing technical consulting roles.
• Experience working across internal and external organizations.
• Knowledge of Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS etc ) and software development lifecycle
• Past experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering multi-day workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologist
• Demonstrated ownership of a large IT project or software development effort
• Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
• Technology Depth: Demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least four technology areas
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
• Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach
• BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred Preferred Qualifications
• Exhibit the attributes of learn and be curious by demonstrating the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
• Passion for working with global systems integrators
• Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, applications development, DevOps, IoT, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, containers, and management and monitoring
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and act tactically, about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level; and AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AWS Certified Devops Engineer - Professional
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
• International technical sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software