Do you have what it takes to SOLVE the most complex problems, DESIGN the most sophisticated solutions and BUILD the most innovative technology?
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 26 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Play a significant role in implementing leading edge technologies in Australia's most successful and innovative organisations
- Accelerate your career by helping us to solve some of the most complex problems facing Australian organisations using advanced technologies like AI and Cognitive Solutions.
- Think big, Solve complex, Design sophisticated, Build innovative. REPEAT x49. Now you're ready for the ultimate challenge.
Solution 49˟ uses a human-centred design approach to enhance decision-making in all its myriad sizes, scopes, structure and forms. Through our focus on decision-making, we help our clients define and deliver their customer engagement and operational strategies. We do this by conceiving and implementing intelligent systems, architectures, processes and new operating models. We design, develop and deploy solutions that digitise and automate clients' decision making processes. Our work embeds artificial intelligence, machine-based learning, cognitive computing, advanced analytics, probabilistic reasoning and deterministic business rules management into core processes and functions within client organisations.
Our team includes a broad spectrum of skills from strategists to statisticians, scientists to software developers, anthropologists to behavioural economists and our dogs (and the other parts of life that make us real, rounded 'humans'). We're proud of our diversity and deeply believe this is the key to our innovation and success.
Do you agree with these philosophies? If so, we'd love to talk with you:
- Complexity creates opportunity - whether at an industry, organisational, functional or individual level, dealing with disruption and bringing together truly differentiated solutions means we need to be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Bringing a point of view is paramount - our team are passionate about their area of discipline and their ability to apply their knowledge to the opportunities that today's business presents.
- Embrace collaboration to be creative - the creativity and uniqueness of our solutions is attainable only through the bonds between our team members. We focus on the 'mortar between the bricks', strengthening and deepening the connections between our team members to transform our diverse expertise into a strong and successful culture.
- Passionate and humble - we love our work and it shows! Our clients are the experts when it comes to their businesses and their customers. We listen with compassion and respond with intellect and pragmatism.
- Curious and committed to growth - we are continuously evolving and learning. Each team member is individually supported to provide continuous skill development and career advancement. Success comes from the growth of our people, drawing upon their drive, expertise and experience to advance individual and collective development and success.
We are looking for ambitious business consultants who are passionate about helping our clients define bold ambitions and deliver on them. As a Solution 49 x Business Consultant you will be involved in the following activities, and, be able to demonstrate experience in some or all of these:
Business Strategy & Architecture
- Lead business strategy, architecture and analysis activities to align strategic business goals and objectives with decisions regarding products, services, partners and suppliers, functional capabilities and key business and technology initiatives.
- Design and deliver solutions that align the business services, information flows and functional structure of the organization to provide the required outcomes encompassing analytics, process excellence and business transformation.
- Engage with senior client stakeholders to understand their vision and to define and recommend valid and pragmatic Solution 49 x strategies and solutions.
- Define the business case to secure funding for investment in Solution 49 x strategies and solutions. Define the business capabilities, business services and information flows required to deliver the recommended Solution 49 x strategies and solutions.
- Prescribe the program roadmaps to deliver target state solution designs encompassing business and technology needs.
- Partner with technical specialists on the design of new and complex insight-driven decisioning solutions.
- Deliver new business capabilities through the implementation of Solution 49 x strategies and solutions.
- Plan, prepare and perform investigative interviewing to elicit stakeholder requirements, motivations and points of views.
- Provide business expertise in defining, validating and delivering business requirements that inform solution design.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of organisational designs and incentive structures that support and benefit from data driven decision making and quantative approaches.
- Optimise the client's decision making process by analyzing, understanding and documenting the as-is business process, identifying steps within the as-is business process that will be impacted by the Solution 49 x Solution and re-engineer a to-be process to optimize the decision making process.
- Analyse the anticipated impact of the implementation of a Solution 49 x solution on people, processes and culture and define and implement change plans to address the anticipated change to ensure successful adoption of the solution.
- Develop and deliver clear and articulate, audience appropriate, presentations of findings and recommendations ensuring the presentations is persuasive and a captivating story with suitable theme.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 19 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time