See job description for details
Permanent role | No security clearance needed | Canberra based Your new company
An exciting new opportunity is available for a Senior Cyber Security Manager on a Permanent basis at one of Canberra's leading IT solution providers. Your new role
The Cyber Security Manager role sits within the Maintenance Team and works alongside the Maintenance Manager and Service Manager. As the Cyber Security Manager, you will understand the demands of the position, support team members and deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
The Cyber Security Manager will be passionate about cyber security and driven to making a customer's environment safe and secure. You will be a quick learner, self-driven and have exceptional communication and analytical skills. You must be a team player, who is dedicated to both self-improvement and improvement of the wider business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Day to day management of the cyber security team.
- Research, analyse and recommend technical approaches and systems based on business requirements.
- Identifying business risks/vulnerabilities and suggesting enhancements to existing security products.
- Consulting with clients in the development, deployment, documentation and management of security policies, procedures, standards, and strategies.
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary level qualification
- Five years' experience in cyber security
- Leadership and/or management experience.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ICT security policies.
- Experience in ICT security compliance and cyber security risk assessments.
- Experience in producing security documentation.
- Proven experience in providing security solutions to clients.
- Solid understanding of security risks, preventative controls, and security operation processes.
- Hands on experience in managing and maintaining SIEM tool such as Splunk and Azure Sentinel and vulnerability management tools such as Tenable Nessus.
- Knowledge/experience in Microsoft 365, Azure Security Centre, Azure and/or AWS and relevant security best practices on these platforms.
- Windows support and troubleshooting experience - Windows 7- 10.
- Networking fundamentals knowledge, CCNA or equivalent knowledge preferred
- Windows Server management (2008 to 2016)
- MS Active Directory/Exchange/SQL
- Virtualisation - VMware (preferred)/HyperV/AHV (preferred)/KVM
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing priorities and technology environment.
What you need to do now
- Attractive pay plus super
- Working simultaneously across a diverse range of interesting projects in a high performing and collaborative work environment.
- Security clearance is not needed. (Must be eligible to obtain one if needed)
- Flexible work arrangements - to work on a rotational roster.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now on (02) 6257 9802 or email Sandeep.Gunawardena@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508