About the Treasury
The Treasury is a respected and influential central economic agency. We provide advice and analysis to the Australian Government on a broad range of economic, fiscal, structural, financial and tax policy issues. We also monitor global economic conditions to make sure Australia is well placed to respond to emerging trends.
Treasury provides some of the best career opportunities in the public service that enable the opportunity to contribute substantially to Government policy that affects all Australians.
Our employees are drawn from many diverse professions and we seek passionate people who will work collaboratively to deliver the ideas and advice that will help Australia meet future challenges. With attractive salaries and employer superannuation and other benefits including generous leave entitlements, salary packaging and career development opportunities, you will be well rewarded. The Treasury has offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
About the roles
Treasury are seeking experienced finance and budgeting specialists at the Assistant Director (EL1) level in our Chief Financial Officer branch.
Our ideal candidates
To be suitable for these positions you will have:
• a minimum of three years finance experience
• a tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance
• strong work ethic and well develop communication skills; and
• strong knowledge of budgeting, planning and financial reporting processes and data consolidation.
What you will do
You will demonstrate leadership and have responsibility for:
• development of financial forecasts: monthly, quarterly and year end
• financial modelling new and existing models and financial planning tools
• effective budget setting and reporting to Executive
• conducting business analysis and identify opportunities to improve financial service provision
• leading, coaching and supporting a team to deliver required services, and
• contributing to and lead relevant committee and governance processes.
How to Apply
Interested staff should apply online and provide a current CV, a 500 word pitch and the name of at least one referee by by 11:30pm on Wednesday 29 September 2021.
If this sounds like you, please go to http://careers.tspace.gov.au/ci/en/job/493285/el12021-assistant-director-executive-level-1-multiple-positions to apply and for further information about the role.
Our website: https://www.treasury.gov.au/
Current Vacancies: http://careers.tspace.gov.au/cw/en/listing/