See job description for details
Develop high quality test case suites for feature, regression, integration and performance testing scenarios. Your new company
Our Client is a leading energy infrastructure business. Their purpose is to strengthen communities through responsible energy, and they operate multi- billion-dollar portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets around Australia. Your new role
- As a Test Engineer you are responsible for:
- Provide input to the design and development of Test Execution plans.
- Active participation in and contribution to agile ceremonies, including but not limited to sprint
planning, prioritisation and estimating tasks.
- To develop high quality test case suites for feature, regression, integration and performance testing
What you'll need to succeed
- Participate in Kick-off Meetings (Requirement analysis) and be able to define scenarios and acceptance tests based on acceptance criteria.
- Test preparation (with Test Data) and execution activities in line with the test strategy and plans.
- Performing Exploratory Testing
- Automation of test cases using the available test automation framework.
- Timely and effective recording and reporting of test results, including defect identification and reporting, re-testing and regression testing.
- Effective use of appropriate testing techniques, ensuring adequate test coverage.
- Maintenance of Test Library.
- Provide support as required to the Test Practice Team, ensuring quality testing services are delivered in line with the test strategy and plans.
- Active participant in the company's Testing Community of Practice
- Active participation in and support for the rollout of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support other non-testing team members on testing practices and processes.
- Working effectively and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Practical experience (3+ years) in Information Technology, with strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, development and delivery work practices.
- Detailed Understanding and concepts of Databases (Oracle etc.) and Web Standards.
- A proven track record of having performed testing activities successfully for Web applications. (End to End)
- Practical knowledge of recognised software development frameworks and delivery methodologies, particularly Agile (Scrum, Kanban).
- Demonstrated experience in the foundations of software testing.
- Understanding of the ITIL Service Management framework.
- Understanding of agile testing strategies and techniques e.g, Pairing, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development, Experienced Based Testing etc.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and deployment and supported integration testing in the
- development pipeline.
- Demonstrated desire and ability to mature and continuously improve test practices.
- Gas or related industries and systems knowledge e.g. hydrocarbon accounting and management software (Energy Components), SSRS Reporting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Testing and Test automation frameworks and associated tools
What you'll get in return
- Java and VBA programming
- Selenium, Cucumber
- VCS tools like git
- Atlassian Stack tools like JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket, Zephyr for JIRA.
- Exposure to other skills like Maven, TestNG/JUnit, etc.
- Continuous Integration: Teamcity, Jenkins etc.
- ITIL tools like Servicenow
You will work with a team of experts in their field and have the ability to improve your current skill set by engaging with this forward thinking and dynamic business. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or please call Paul Sloan on 07 3243 3044 for a confidential career discussion. LHS 297508