See job description for details
Permanent opportunity for Systems Engineer with large Managed Service Provider based in Brisbane. Apply now! Your new company
Hays Technology in Brisbane are currently partnered with a highly successful Managed Services Provider, with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced System Engineer (Level 3) to work in their Infrastructure Support Centre with a focus on proactive maintenance and support to their growing client base.
This is a permanent role, looking to commence immediately, and located in Brisbane.
Your new role
In this role, your typical duties and responsibilities will include managing the day to day ICT environment of your assigned customer base including Antivirus; Server, network, voice and storage capacity management; Patching; Security; Risk, change and event management.
You will also provide 3rd level escalation for the Service Desk team, performing the role of technical SME during any priority incident within your technical domain, and managing the resolution of all assigned incidents, requests, events and changes.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a System Engineer role
- Strong skills in MS Wintel products (MS Exchange, Office 365, Windows Server)
- Experience conducting infrastructure migrations (e.g. Office 365 upgrades; Network implementation)
- Solid and practical experience in MS Active Directory
- Strong experience in Networking (Cisco, HP), switching, routing and firewalls
- Strong knowledge and experience Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper V)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivation and able to work either in a team environment or on your own
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to pass a Police Check
In addition to the above, current Microsoft Technical Certifications (such as MCSE Server Infrastructure / Messaging, Citrix CCA (or higher) would be advantageous, but not essential.
Previous experience working with a system integrator or Managed Service Provider would be desirable.
What you'll get in return
Working for one of Australia's fastest growing (but established) MSPs, you will be offer a salary package of $100,000 - $120,000 + Superannuation
(depending on experience), career progression opportunities and exposure to a wide range of technologies.
What you need to do now
To ensure your application is reviewed and processed, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV and cover letter (one document).
For further information about this role, please contact: Kaea Gillies
Recruitment Partner email@example.com
(07) 3243 3044
If this role isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for System Engineer roles in Brisbane or surrounds, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508