Solutions Architect - Amazon Web Services
Do you love tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology?
Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges?
Can you do it at pace and at scale?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Solution Architects to work with our customers and other AWS teams to craft cloud-based solutions within our Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney offices.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. As a trusted advisor to our customers and partners you will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
As a successful Solution Architect you will not only deliver on our credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history" you will love what you do and your enthusiasm will be contagious across our teams and customers.
In return we provide you the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud based architecture design. On a daily basis you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and build elegant solutions.
If you are highly technical and experienced in architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers then this could be the role for you. Remember, this is a client facing role so you must be comfortable talking with CIOs, CTOs and CISOs. It goes without saying that you must have experience in architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, networking & storage architectures. Couple all that with a baseline knowledge of or even certification in AWS and this role is made for you!
Roles and Responsibilities
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• As a key member of the sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners)
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community including authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blogs.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals. Basic Qualifications
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 10 + years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a bonus.
• Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
• Experience in Software Development and Automation a bonus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Preferred Qualifications
• AWS Certified SA Professional.
• Hands on development experience and full understanding of full-stack development
• Fluent in AWS technologies.
• Proficient in a modern programming language such as Java, NodeJS or Python
• Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
To all Recruitment Agencies: AMAZON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AMAZON employees or any other company location. AMAZON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.