Senior Manager, Assurance - Brisbane
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Audit team in our Brisbane office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Assume leadership role on audit engagements, providing advice and guidance to less experienced staff, ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and set standards for staff
- Maintain staff utilisation and effective use of resources, prioritising workloads and deliverables
- Complete assessment of financial statement disclosures for a complex set of financial statements
- Design, perform and interpret complex audit procedures
- Facilitate meetings and small discussion groups, ensuring team members understand their role, are well prepared and outcomes communicated on a timely basis
Ideally, you'll also have
- At least 9 plus years' experience as an auditor
- Relevant experience as a senior auditor within a Big 4 or second tier accounting firm
- Previous experience leading and managing teams
- Possess highly developed audit technical skills and knowledge of audit methodology and audit documentation standards
- Possess highly developed engagement management skills, in particular time management and communication skills
Who are Assurance?
- Bachelor's degree minimum tertiary qualification
- Completed professional qualifications in accounting (CA or acceptable international equivalent)
- Indian national or work experience in India is highly preferre d
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here . What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $135,500 including 9.5% superannuation.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.