See job description for details
Build innovative data assets and work with leading, world-class data engineering experts. Your new company
Our Client is one of Australia's leading banks serving the public, small to medium enterprise and agribusiness customers through a national network of stores as well as its award-winning internet and phone banking systems.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is for a skilled Senior Data Engineer to work with a talented team in a high- performance culture in the Data Platform & Engineering domain. Your role is to provide technical leadership on a significant data integration program utilising your extensive experience in building data assets with a data integration toolset. The role will also include data analysis, design, modelling, development, maintenance & ongoing support to ensure that the quality of the solution and artefacts meet the defined needs relative to the technology environment. What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in computing or related disciplines or equivalent experience (mandatory)
- A minimum 6 years development experience within the information system field, with a minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience supporting high availability production systems is highly desirable.
- AWS Certification (Desired)
- Strong SQL Background, with capability to understand and write SQL with a performance mindset
- Strong skills and experience in building data assets using a leading data integration/ETL tool such as IBM's Datastage, Informatica, Talend, or Oracle's Data Integrator.
- Strong understanding of Mass Parallel Processing (MPP) Databases (Netezza & Redshift)
- Microsoft SQL Server and SSIS Package experience is an advantage
- Proficient with version control tools Stash/Bitbucket and Source Tree
- Strong understanding of BI data structures and how to optimise data delivery for different BI Reporting tools (Tableau & Cognos)
- Strong programming skills and ability to learn new programming techniques and languages
- Able to understand and write Unix scripts
- Able to understand and write perl scripts
- Able to understand and write Java
- Optional: Python, JSON and Ruby.
- Ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of complex business problems/requirements to develop solutions and designs, regardless of existing areas of expertise or specialisation.
- Ability to define complex and innovative technical solutions to business problems with due consideration to the business problem, group synergies and commercial reality
- Ability to take a "big picture" view to innovatively solve complex technical problems
BI Delivery Practices
- Adopt Unit Testing approach by utilising Test Driven Development Framework
- Adopt change management practices for BI Delivery
- Adopt and contribute to BI Delivery coding practices and standards
- Able to demonstrated ability to apply DevOps practices across diverse architectures
- Utilising Version Control and adopting Branching strategies for Continuous Build
- Utilising Automated Unit Testing capabilities with tools such as DBFit
- Utilising Automated Deployment capabilities for Continuous Integration (Usage of Jenkins for CI)
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical ability with a capability to pitch technical information to staff at multiple levels within the organisation (including non-technical audiences)
- Strong analytical, design and consultative skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Sound customer service and communication skills
What you'll get in return
- Proven Diagnostic and Troubleshooting skills
You will work with a team of experts in their field and have the ability to improve your current skill set by engaging with this forward thinking and dynamic business. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or please call Paul Sloan on 07 3243 3044 for a confidential LHS 297508