See job description for details
Exciting opportunity for a six month contract for a Senior Business Analyst Financial Organisation Your new company
Hays has partnered with a large Financial Services Organisation. We are seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst for a six month contract. Your new role
In this role you will be responsible for helping the business come up with a target operating model (TOM). The TOM will comprise a number of aspects in terms of transition and warranty and run capability for both the Business and the Technology teams, it will be made up of Ecosystem processes, incident management, service levels and operation manuals.
Key Responsibilities of this role include: - Acting as an internal consultant with business stakeholders across the organisation to discover requirements and produce designs that realise strategic and project objectives.
- Understanding the business context including the strategy, key systems/process, and important issues/constraints.
- Solving business problems in an innovative and methodological way.
- Collaborating with and influencing technology and other teams to deliver faithfully on solution designs.
- Supporting testing, change management, training and business roll-out of solutions.
- Documenting "as is" and "to be" processes
- Managing risks, issues and change request
- Contributing to the Business Analysis Practice to continually improve our ways of working and support the development of other analysts, through mentoring and coaching What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience as a Senior Business Analyst, preferably in Insurance
- Previous experience facilitating workshops, conducting interviews/observations and synthesising the outputs in a systematic way. Acting as an internal consultant to guide stakeholders to the best solution to realise our strategic goals and desired benefits.
- Experience in writing acceptance criteria, business rules, user stories and other methods of recording business and (non-)functional requirements, in a way that fully and accurately represents the scope and aligns with the strategy.
- Experience specifying the way a system should behave and appear (UX), including prototyping (often in conjunction with a specialist UX-designer).
- Estimating analysis tasks, choosing the correct analysis approach, facilitating prioritisation & backlog management, and functionally decomposing complex items into manageable components. Supporting the other stages of SDLC e.g. QA, UAT, deployment, post-deployment support
Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Computer Science, IT or a related discipline is highly desirable but not essential.
Certification in IIBA or Agile highly advantageous What you'll get in return
This opportunity offers you an daily rate of $900 plus superannuation, flexible working arrangement (50% on site, 50% WFH), a contract through to December 2021 with strong potential for extension.
Contract workers through Hays Technology also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Option to be engaged on a Pty Ltd basis (conditions apply)
- Regular contact with IT consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
For further information about this role, please contact:
(07) 3243 3044
If this role isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for similar Business Analyst roles in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508