- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 17 Dec 17
Senior Associate, Trade Solutions, 6 Months, Part Time
Senior Associate, Trade Solutions, 6 Months, Part TimeJob no: 996583
Work type: Contract / Secondment
Location: QLD Brisbane City Area
Categories: Institutional Banking, Administration
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. For more detail on IB&M please visit this Site
Cash-flow and Transaction Services is comprised of six areas, Commerce & Platforms, Transaction Banking Solutions, Cash Management & Payment Solutions, Global Trade & Supply Chain Finance, Chief Operating Office and Strategic Projects. These businesses develop and support products for working capital needs, drive transaction banking sales and drive growth in our trade finance and international payments business.
Global Trade Finance are accountable for the delivery of Trade Finance Products and operational management, Global Payments network and relationships with correspondent and international payment clearing participants, and our Trade Finance Sales teams supporting IB&M and BPB clients in Australia and offshore.
The business is strategically important to the wider CBA Group in not only capturing a greater share of our client's working capital requirements. It is also a fundamental platform required to support and leverage the Banks increased presence in Asia and key growth markets of focus to Australian trade flows. We have people located in every capital city in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and London.
Within GTF, Trade Solutions (TS) is the middle office of the global Trade Finance business. It sits between front office (Sales) and back office (Operations). TS assists originating new business and servicing existing clients, validations, bookings, confirmations of traditional and structured trade finance products and solutions.
Your impact & contribution:
This is a 6 month, part time opportunity. Ideally, the preferred candidate will be able to work 5 days per week, 1pm - 5pm.
The Senior Associate, Trade Solutions (Australia) works in a team servicing existing and new to bank clients for all their trade finance needs. They will assist with client account management in defending and growing client base.
The Senior Associate, Trade Solutions, is responsible for working within a team that manages the end to end delivery of Trade Solutions across the Group working closely with Sales, Product Management and Operations teams to ensure delivery of strategy in line with the Group's Global Trade Finance strategies and Risk Appetite Statement. Specifically across the CBA Group this involves:
- Providing exceptional service to clients on their trade finance needs, including exports, imports, trade advances
- Transaction processing of traditional and structured trade finance products
- Facility implementation of traditional and structured trade finance products
- Assist with client account management in defending and growing client base
- Supporting sales channels and trade sales specialists
- Collaboration with product management, operations and sales teams to ensure growth
Your experience and qualifications:
The Trade Solutions team operates across the end to end service and delivery of trade finance solutions to the Bank's clients. The inherit skills & experience for the role are:
- Knowledge of the global trade environment and the domestic trade industry, including International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP) rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian and global banking regulatory and compliance environments
- Knowledge of all trade finance processes, the trade settlement process, the documentation and systems used internationally to facilitate trade finance.
- Contribute to improving client service by improving processes and reducing errors
- Understanding of risk management covering Operational Risk, Compliance, Credit Risk, Sovereign Risk, Market Risk
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 20th 2017. Please note, due to the festive season and end of year public holidays, we may not respond to you until the new year, thank you for your patience . Best of luck!
Advertised: 06 Dec 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Dec 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.