See job description for details
Scrum Master About The Role
Role Location: 111 Eagle Street, Brisbane 4000
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Tribe are responsible for the end-to-end management of ANZ’s transaction and savings customers and products. Our mission is to help our customers achieve their goals by providing the right solutions when it comes to how they want to save, use and manage their money. The ANZ Deposit Tribe is known for its great culture of collaboration, delivery, high performance and fun, supported by an approachable and inspiring leadership team. In joining this Tribe, you will be working with a group of highly engaged, diverse and interesting people. What’s your mission?
Your squad mission will be to deliver on a program to simplify ANZ’s Deposit product suite. You will also help build a capability to understand how our customers interact with their products, find optimal migration paths, improve processes while delivering outcomes. You’ll be responsible for:
As a Scrum Master
, you are responsible for developing high performing squads through promoting and supporting Ways of Working and Agile values, principles and practices. You will do this as part of a squad and by providing delivery coaching, and helping everyone understand Agile and Scrum theory, practices, principles and values. Ultimately enabling squads to self-organise and apply appropriate methods and practices based on the work of the squad. As the servant leader for squads, you are part of the team and play an active role in helping the squad deliver, resolve issues or blockers and remove impediments.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to transform the way we do things in the business to drive tangible business and customer outcomes. What will your day look like?
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
What will be in your toolkit?
- Leading and coaching adoption of Agile/Scrum values, principles and practices
- Helping squad members and stakeholders understand and enact Agile or Scrum and empirical decision making
- Bringing changes to increase the productivity and health of squads
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile and Scrum
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management
- Ensuring that goals, scope and Product domain are understood by everyone in the squad
- Working with Product Owners to create an autonomous, empowered team environment
- Fostering a safe and trusting environment where conflicts can be navigated in a healthy way and a ‘speak up’ culture is celebrated
- Helping the squad create high-value products by using great Agile practices and management skills
- Collaborating closely with other designers, researchers, scrum master, data analysts/scientists, POs, product and change practitioners and leaders
- Strong knowledge in Agile/Scrum delivery methodology/Principles
- Experience of the following: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Design Thinking, HCD, Team Dynamics
- Passion in teaching, mentoring, coaching and inspiring others to maximize their potential and constructively challenge them to think differently
- Extensive experience working or leading within cross functional, agile teams
- Help the squad continuously reflect on our purpose and objectives, supporting goals, short-term & longer-term planning, removing impediments, and maintaining an effective cadence
- Act as a strategic leader you will envision and make change; collaborate with Product Owners, Chapter Leads, the Design Squad and other squads to identify ways of working improvement opportunities across squads; and support a roadmap of improvement experiments
- Proficiency in Jira & Confluence is essential
- Certification as a Professional Scrum Master will be looked upon favourably
- Passionate about Continuous Improvement, you will also work with other Scrum Masters to support the effective adoption of New Ways of Working practices
- Significant experience in facilitating workshops
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence outcomes at all levels
- Can appreciate difficult problems, is self-motivated to work autonomously as well as work collaboratively as part of a team
- Good understanding of the Banking system and products, service, channels
- Passionate about creating exceptional customer experiences
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS132262