See job description for details
A reputable Australian environmental organisation is seeking an experienced Program Specialist in Yeppoon. Your new company
This organisation demonstrates conservation on a massive scale, covering millions of hectares of land and protecting hundreds of native plants and wildlife. Due to some recent movements in the business an exciting opportunity now exists for a Program Specialist. Your new role
The position is accountable for the provision of technical support and overseeing the on-ground delivery of Greening Australia's projects within the dedicated State and GA program. The position will also be responsible for small project teams, regional areas and asset management and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Duties undertaken in this role include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Work collaboratively with the management team in planning and implementation of day-to-day operations (including estimating, costing and scheduling) for segments of major/complex projects.
- Oversee projects to meet target delivery agreements. Monitors progress against plans and takes corrective action as well as ensures the safe delivery of high-quality projects on time, thereby upholding GA standards and desired professionalism.
- Effectively participates with the Operations Manager with regional and national projects.
- Undertakes strategic project, policy and strategy development and planning requiring expert level knowledge and experience.
- Manage monitoring and evaluation programs to determine performance of on-ground rehabilitation programs.
- Actively support the development of the program
The successful candidate will hold the following attributes:
- 5 years experience
- Degree: biology, ecology, environmental science/management
- Project & contract management skills
- Programmatic and financial management experience
- Experience land management, grazing management
- Experience large/complex restoration project
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in multi-disciplinary stakeholder management
What you'll get in return
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and the cultural context when working with Aboriginal or other Indigenous peoples
- Knowledge of environmental markets including water quality (Reef Credits), Carbon markets, Blue Carbon, environmental offsets
- Understanding of Great Barrier Reef (GBR) catchment issues
- Knowledge of landscape approaches to improving water quality
You will gain the opportunity to work for a thriving organisation. This is a permanent role, based in Yeppoon. Hybrid working arrangement - split between working from home, office and field. Frequent rural travel will be required for this role. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sarah Raines..
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508