Manager - Technology Strategy and Architecture Advisory - Brisbane - MC
- Got big plans for your career? Ours are even bigger
- Interested in a career beyond technology architecture, design, implementation or project management?
- With a diverse range of projects, we'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies from day one.
- Work with Australia's most respected Technology Advisory companies
Experience the difference with KPMG, one of the worlds most respected and trusted professional services firms. We offer rewarding careers for outstanding individuals in our open and friendly culture. Due to the continued success and growth of KPMG's Advisory practice, this is an exciting opportunity to join our Technology Consulting team.
The Technology Advisory (TA) team is growing with unprecedented demand to assist a broad range of industries with their IT strategy and investment roadmaps, evolving their IT operating models and advising/assisting with major transformation programs.
Our work sees us engaging with a range of senior stakeholders as well as analysing lower level requirements to construct appropriate strategies that span technology domains and business problems. The TA team is expanding nationally. Our team consists of IT and Business professionals with a range of backgrounds from systems design, solution architecture and project delivery, to enterprise architecture, strategy development and operating model design. All with a single goal to help clients understand their problems and determine and deliver optimal solutions.
You may be coming from either an existing technology focused role or have an established background in management consulting. We are looking for exceptional people with a blend of skills from both technical to the critical emotional intelligence and client facing soft skills, with an appreciation for quality and delivering outcomes. Your new role
You bring to the role
- To analyse, workshop and present insights and recommendations enabled by structured thinking, technical knowledge and exceptional communication skills.
- To assist with the development of KPMG service offerings across IT strategy, architecture, IT service management, infrastructure and IT Operating Model design.
- To manage day to day engagements with client, vendor and KPMG teams to understand root cause issues, potential solutions and articulate business benefits.
- To support the growth and development of more junior team members through technical training, skills coaching and mentoring.
What we offer you
- Highly developed written and verbal communication particularly when communicating on an engagement to a wide range of stakeholders from engineers to CxO.
- Should have the skills to manage all aspects of a project including ability to facilitate workshops, and influence and guide key stakeholders, and coach and mentor team members
- Demonstrated experience performing analysis and leading projects in two or more of the following disciplines:
- Architecture (enterprise, solution)
- Infrastructure (hybrid cloud, sourcing)
- Agile delivery methods (in particular CICD / DevOps)
- Strategy development
- Operating model design and implementation
- IT service management
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s.
- Experience at a Management Consultancy firm in a similar capacity preferred.
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services networks. It comprises over 155,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential.
KPMG needs and values diversity. It makes us a more vibrant and interesting place in which to work. It makes us a stronger, smarter, more innovative and responsive organisation and it's central to our culture. We've been named by the Australia Government's EOWA as an Employer of Choice for Women for six consecutive years, and rank fourth in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. We have world-class women's only development programs and networking events to ensure we retain all of our talent including women, and now have 50 percent female managers across the firm.
At KPMG we offer you:
Go Beyond Your Potential. Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online. Advertised:
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments.
- The ability to collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business.
- The ability to be involved in KPMG's support of numerous organisations in the areas of education, social inclusion and health including our Reconciliation Action Plan and Global Green Initiative.
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems.
01 Sep 2021 E. Australia Standard Time Applications close:
30 Sep 2021 E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now