Manager - Technology Risk and IT Assurance - Brisbane
As Manager within the Technology Risk team you will work as part of a dynamic team to provide your clients with valued insights into how to effectively managed technology risks to achieve their strategic objectives.. You will work with clients to build trust and confidence in their technology that supports critical financial and operational processes by assessing risks and providing assurance over key internal controls. You will also build your clients' knowledge and capability by providing access to EY's global leading practices, insights and subject matter resources. Your key responsibilities
In your role as Manager you will be responsible for the efficient and effective deliver of your engagements by demonstrating your strong planning, project management, communication, risk management and stakeholder engagement skills. You will oversee the financial and operational aspects of each engagement, keeping your partners updated on progress and any emerging issues. You will also help develop our people through inspiring teamwork and effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
You will build your client networks and relationships to assist in identifying new business opportunities and ways of working to better serve your clients. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Build relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture with a 'have a go attitude'
- Stakeholder management skills enabling you to build strong client relationships and a focus on understanding and delivering clients' expectations
- Contribute to high quality deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Developed leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of risk based auditing methodologies
- A strategic, analytical and commercial mind-set and experience in one or more of the following industry sectors - Government, Technology & Media, Consumer, Retail, Industrial Products and/or Power & Utilities
Ideally, you will also have:
- Australian citizenship and the eligibility for security clearance
- Extensive experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser with a globally/nationally recognised professional services firm or large corporation
- Six+ years' experience with applied relevant technical knowledge in in at least one of the following types of engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) Systems and Organization Controls Reporting engagements; and/or (d) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) security and control reviews
- Substantial experience in leading teams, managing project delivery and engagement economics
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Capability to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates may need to work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required
What we look for
- A relevant Bachelor's and/or Post Graduate qualification in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
- Certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, IIA, CPRM, Risk & Compliance Management, PRINCE2, MPS/PMBOK, ITIL, PMO (or a willingness to pursue)
We are looking for passionate leaders with clear vision and desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, then this role is for you. What working at EY offers
You'll be encouraged to take ownership of your career, and given more opportunities to move into new areas, geographies or disciplines - if you want to. Your performance will be rewarded and recognised, so you are motivated to move quickly along your chosen career path. Plus we offer:
Who we are
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, with a workforce that represents the diverse society that we live within. We are happy to consider formal and informal flexible working arrangements to allow you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. We encourage you to talk to us about this during the recruitment process.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.