Manager - Forensic Investigations, Fraud & Corruption Risk Management
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 22 Feb 18
See job description for details
- We'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies
- Great opportunity to work closely with market leading Forensic specialists
- Based at Riparian Plaza, Brisbane, with opportunities to work on national and cross-border engagements
KPMG Forensic assists clients prevent, detect and respond to fraud, serious misconduct, corruption and regulatory enquiries. We use a combination of specialist investigation, accounting, and technology skills in assisting clients in the investigation of fraud and corruption and in assisting them manage that risk.
KPMG Forensic has an opportunity in Brisbane for the right candidate to join their exciting and fast paced forensic team, specialising in investigations and fraud and corruption risk management. The role will offer a great opportunity to work closely with market leading Forensic specialists on high profile engagements. You will be joining a growing team, providing great career opportunities.
Your new role
As a Manager in the Forensic team, you will:
- Work with leading global organisations, regulators and law firms, as well as range of specialist departments within KPMG
- Scope and carry out day-to-day management of investigations and fraud and corruption risk management engagements, including liaising with clients, assessing and analysing data and documentation, and managing junior resources
- Draft clear and concise reports that meet the clientsâ€™ needs and expectations within agreed timeframes
- Facilitate fraud and corruption risk management workshops and chair meetings with client senior management, assessing the fraud, corruption & control landscape and offering recommendations for weaknesses identified
- Utilise technology driven solutions in assisting clients proactively mitigate and detect indicators of fraud, corruption and other forms of serious non-compliance (e.g. through the use of forensic data analytics)
- Prepare and deliver presentations and fraud and corruption awareness training materials to clients on engagements
- Conduct witness and respondent fact finding interviews, in both lead and support roles
- Coordinate multiple projects and workstreams, working closely with Forensic technology, and other KPMG departments where applicable
- Provide on the job training and mentoring to junior staff, and contribute to team networking, innovation and thought leadership publications
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a range of skills, experience and qualifications including the following:
- Demonstrated experience in scoping, managing and delivering on investigations and fraud and corruption risk management engagements
- Minimum 3 yearsâ€™ experience in a similar role with a large professional consulting environment, an in-house investigation/compliance team, or a regulatory/law enforcement agency
- Strong skills and experience in forensic report writing, interviewing and email review
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle and analyse complex information (financial / accounting insight is favourable)
- A good understanding of key business processes and associated control environments, such as procurement, finance and associated information technology systems
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to review and articulate detailed findings in both written and oral presentations for a variety of audiences
- Excellent time management, organisation and digital working skills
- Proven leadership, people and stakeholder management capabilities, including the ability to manage a team of junior staff and manage multiple engagements concurrently
- Degree holder with an accounting or similarly relevant background, ideally with a professional accounting qualification favourable
- Exposure to other Forensic service lines (including dispute advisory, AML/CTF, regulatory compliance, forensic analytics, bribery & corruption) favourable
- Business development skills to identify how to help clients solve some of their most complex and difficult problems associated with fraud, corruption and other serious misconduct.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 12 Feb 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 14 Mar 2018 E. Australia Standard Time