Manager - Big Data
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Opportunity to influence large scale data transformations
Be a part of how we help companies utilise their valuable data resourcesthrough effective use of the right technology, backed by a clear vision andstrong executive sponsorship. About the team
Big data,information and analytics. Three words that spark apprehension in mostbusinesses. But our team of experts are constantly curious and excited aboutcombining our wonderful array of technological expertise to transform data intoour clients' most valuable assets, making their work smarter.
We primarilyseek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of organisations at all stagesof the data transformation journey from designing the change required, todelivering and managing that change and providing assurance around changeinitiatives.
As a Big DataManager, you will be an integral part of one of the fastest growing teams in Australiaand build best in class data frameworks. What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in our Data Engineering/ Data Modernisation team, you will -Lead the development and delivery of data solutions for our clients - withstrong focus on building cloud based big data platforms; Direct and drivedetailed technical solution designs to ensure that the business along withtechnical teams can access data from a single platform; Lead a team ofDeloitte's brightest minds to analyse clients' needs and requirements for transformingtheir data; Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Large scale data transformation, solution delivery and projectmanagement experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience in building and implementing big data solutions usingindustry best practice tools, technologies and methods
- Use of 'traditional' data analytics tools and techniques (e.g.MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL) and ETL software (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, CloverETL)
- Working in large scale cloud data solutions using platforms suchas AWS or Azure
- Experience in scripting or programming (e.g. Python, Java, Scala,C#)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to adapt totechnical and non-technical audiences.
- Educated to degree level (or have equivalent experience)
- Experienceleading or mentoring small teams.
- Ability tobuild consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiatedwork experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their fullpotential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds andthinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happyto discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking foris not specifically indicated. NextSteps
Soundlike the sort of role for you? Apply now.
Ifyou've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about thisrole, contact Aditi Aggarwal from the Talent Acquisition t eam. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying tothis job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards.We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with aconsistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP167394