Deloitte Access Economics - Senior Analyst Health Economics
About the Role
Deloitte Access Economics is Australia's largest team of private sector economists, with a national dedicated Health Economics and Social Policy practice, providing robust, reliable and respected advice to government, not-for-profit and commercial clients. Deloitte Access Economics offers an array of microeconomic and macroeconomic advisory services including forecasting, modelling, policy analysis and consulting, our work spans all industry sectors and virtually all areas of economics and social policy.
Due to increasing demand and a sustained period of growth, an opportunity has arisen for an Analyst and Senior Analyst to join the Health Economics & Social Policy team within our Brisbane office. You will work on a range of exciting, thought-provoking and high-profile projects across sectors including health, aged care, disability and other social services.
You will be challenged on:
- Applying a variety of analytical frameworks, models and techniques (e.g. program evaluation, funding model analysis, policy analysis, cost-benefit analysis, demand and supply modelling, economic and social impact assessments etc.)
- Drafting and communicating findings in reports and compelling presentations to influence key decision makers in government, the not-for-profit sector and commercial organisations
- Advancing your skills in and experience in health and social services, economics and public policy alongside some of the best practitioners in Australia.
Your clients will include government departments; non-profit organisations; funders of programs and services for health, aged, disability, child protection, social housing and other sectors; and other services providers in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and Europe. You must be adaptable and flexible to work across a variety of settings and clients. About You
You will be a motivated, energetic individual with a passion to make an impact in the health and social services sector. Specifically, you will have:
- 3 to 6 years' experience in the health and social services sector, as an economist, researcher, policy analyst/advisor, or in a related role;
- Strong academic results in economics, public policy, psychology, research or health-related degree is viewed as essential;
- Previous experience in other consulting firms, the university sector or health and social service industry would be an advantage;
- Previous experience or a demonstrated understanding and interest in the Australian health system, social policy or social service delivery including Indigenous affairs and community services, (e.g. justice, disability services, housing and homelessness, domestic and family violence);
- Experience in research and analysis including survey design, sampling techniques, and RCT and quasi-experimental designs; and the use of tools such as MS-Excel, stata, R, Nvivo, Mapinfo, or Tableau to present findings using data visualisation e.g infographics, GIS mapping;
- Interest in any of the following fields: applied econometrics, behavioural economics, health economics, social policy, or experimental economics;
- Most importantly, you must have a desire to learn and work with a team of like-minded experts.
If this role is of interest to you, apply now and make sure to attach a copy of your academic transcript.
The minimum salary requirement for this role is $81,000 inclusive of superannuation.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP169507