Data & Analytics Senior Consultant
- Exciting opportunity to develop your consulting skills within a high-calibre team of risk management professionals
- Join an innovative national practice
- Thrive within a supportive, inclusive and collaborative team
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Located within KPMG's Audit, Assurance and Risk Consulting division, Audit Data & Analytics
is a growing business that focuses on delivering data analytics solutions to support external audit engagements. Our specialist team provides data-driven technology-focused solutions to complex challenges for our external audit teams and our clients, identifying risks and providing insights into operations. Your Opportunity
Due to growth, we are looking for experienced Senior Consultant
based in Brisbane to join our national team and to help support our strategy by:
How are you Extraordinary?
- Being in charge of reviewing information for audit and assurance engagements, ensuring that compliance is met by utilising accounting standards under the guidance of the Managers, Senior Managers and Partner in the Central External Audit D&A Team;
- Provide input and contribute to delivering effective use of technology throughout different phases of audit engagements such as planning, risk assessment and substantive testing Increases focus on building knowledge of the business, particularly in the area of financial analytics for audit and assurance purposes;
- Share own knowledge and experience with external auditors and data analysts and develop effective relationships with team members; Preparing clear and concise work papers as evidence of work performed in relation to audit and assurance engagements;
- Managing engagements and analysing client information in order to produce accurate reports for audit and assurance engagements;
- Using Data and Analytics (D&A) and other audit tools to enhance effectiveness of audit and assurance services and guide on-shore and off-shore analysts in doing the same;
- Developing bespoke analytics and visualisation solutions to analyse client data to provide evidence and insights for audit engagements;
- Developing knowledge of accounting information systems to interpret accounting data in support of audit engagements;
The KPMG Difference
- Hold a graduate degree in accounting, commerce, STEM or similar. Have a strong background in auditing or accounting with approximately 3+ years of relevant business experience gained in a Professional Services or major financial institution environment
- A commercial and analytical mindset with complex problem solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and present your ideas with impact to clients and other key stakeholders
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and lots of energy and drive
- Experienced in use of data analytics tools for audit engagements, such as SQL, PowerBI and Alteryx
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family Next steps? Please apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter. A member of the KPMG Talent Acquisition team will contact be in contact once your application has been reviewed. Advertised:
04 Feb 2021 E. Australia Standard Time Applications close:
05 Mar 2021 E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now