See job description for details
About The Company
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) provides wealth management services to individual clients investing in both domestic and international markets, including direct equity, fixed income and derivative investments, financial planning, margin lending and managed funds. As Morgan Stanley’s premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments. About the role
A key function of the Client Services Associate’s role is the ability to deal confidently with Financial Advisors (FAs) and their clients in a high volume, time critical environment. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate knowledge of the financial advice process, financial markets and product and industry trends. You will need to have a high attention to detail and should be able to prioritise your work accordingly and work well under pressure. CSAs work closely as a team and will often be required to assist the broader office and CSA population. Responsibilities
• Facilitation of all administrative client queries
• Client on-boarding, including preparation of account documentation, creation of client record in MSWM systems.
• Arrange and assist with maintenance of client account and records, in line with current AML/CTF, KYC Regulations
• IPO and corporate action allocation management
• Preparation of client valuations, asset allocations and reporting as required
• Assist in client asset transfers, including cash, both domestically and internationally
• Process and monitor stock settlements, including follow up with clients regarding outstanding funds.
• Prioritise competing adviser requests in a fast paced environment
• Establish and maintain relationships with other internal stakeholders and departments
• Participate in department cross-training as required
• Participate in process development initiatives in increase efficiencies
• Proactively notify client/s and FA/s of any issues recommending a solution and timeframe
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Company Code of Conduct. Qualifications: Technical/ Specialist Skills & Experience
• High attention to detail
• Strong literacy and numeracy ability
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organisational skills
• A fundamental knowledge of financial advice process, markets and industry Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Display a high level of resilience and strong ability to prioritise tasks
• Goal-oriented with demonstrated drive and initiative Qualifications
• Finance, Business or Economics degree preferable but not essential.
• RG146 – willingness to study toward and attain qualification
• Recognised industry studies preferred but not essential
• Experience within a similar role preferred. Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.